Brazilian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
monkeyboy1976

Brazilian GP 2006

Massa on pole, Schumi at the back due to another engine problem (?).
Shame.

Well, it will be a fitting end to his career to come to win the race from back of the grid!

manchild

I think it was gearbox problem.

K.D.

Jeps looked like the gearbox was stuck i first or second gear, he was just cruising one lap in Q3 and then back to Pits/Garage, where the boys worked very hard on G.Box but didn´t manage to fix it in time. :( :( :(
Motorsport is great but F1 is the best

manchild

If Schuey had fuel pressure problems as this news says than what the hell was that mechanic screwing on top of the gearbox? :?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55308

K.D.

God knows where they´ve got that from ??
I saw clearly the boys working on the Box.... :shock:

K.D.

Well does look like it was fuel trouble after all:

Quote Ross Brawn: "We haven't looked very closely at the car yet," Brawn told German television, "but we could see (on the telemetry) that when he left the pit lane, the fuel pressure went to zero.
"

sebbe

And you believe him KD?
Car manufacturers never blame the engine when there's a problem in their cars.

I heard a very, very bad noise in Michael's car, and that was not the gearbox, otherwise I would have heard high revs, but it would have been a normal high revs noise. Instead of that I heard something similar to a cat dying of tuberculosis :lol:

The fun has begun!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

sebbe

And you believe him KD?
Car manufacturers never blame the engine when there's a problem in their cars.

I heard a very, very bad noise in Michael's car, and that was not the gearbox, otherwise I would have heard high revs, but it would have been a normal high revs noise. Instead of that I heard something similar to a cat dying of tuberculosis :lol:

The fun has begun!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

DaveKillens

If he had gearbox problems, then he would have run back to the pits at high RPM. Instead, it was almost idle, but still in lower gear(s). He wasn't shifting, he wasn't revving the engine.
If it had been the fuel pump, it would not have been above or behind the engine, where they were working. Personally, I think it was the hydraulics, that system powers the throttles and gearbox.
But never believe the official explanation, teams always spin away from the truth.
Well, it was a kick in the goonies for Schunmacher's chances, but it sets up for an interesting race.
Personally, I hope Massa wins, it would be good for him,and it would be great for all the fans in Brazil.

K.D.

[quote="sebbe"]And you believe him KD?

Well no, not realy..
´cause I did see on TV, mechanics working on the top/back of gearbox...
If fuel pressure went to zero.. engines don´t run that well, do they ??
The way I saw it on TV (onboard) it appeared to be a gear selection problem, as he never did change upwards on the hole lap he did. If fuel pressure had gone, the engine would quite simply stalled.
So I must say that I do sort of agree with Dave, that it´s more likely to be a hydraulic problem, as that would more or less restrict the car the way it appeared. After all it did look like the car was in a "Limp home mode" (i.e. no revs and no gearchanges)

onon

two failures in row

i want to see schumi win this weekend. if not that fuel pressure problem we would have two ferrari on the front of the grid. anyways michael still can still win, he did it when he was even further on the grid. mechanical failures are least what michael needs now.

maybe someone is sabotaging him. failure engine and that fuel pressure are sabotage by someone. who knows. :)

congrats to massa for taking the the front.

manchild

I'm wondering about Brawn's explanation - how can engine with fuel pressure on zero run at all? He said that Schuey's engine lost pressure when he exited the pits so how was his engine able to make several kilometers with no fuel pressure? :?

K.D.

OnOn Chill out!!!

maybe someone is sabotaging him. failure engine and that fuel pressure are sabotage by someone. who knows.

It´ts not a american movie!!!

GTO

SABOTAGE! :evil:
It certainly smells like it.
2 races in a row with mechanical problems for 1 car in a team that has had an immpecable record of reliability for the last 6-7 years.

If Ferrari influenced someone to sabotage Renault as implied by MC in another thread, then this must be the same. The FIA must have done it. They are trying to appease Renault by allowing them to win the WC & Constructors title so they don't quit F1 like Michelin & go crying back to France. :P

onon

belgian gp

michael won belgian gp starting 16th