Brazilian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Well, it's all over now. Well done to Renault and Alonso. A big congratulations to Felipe for winning his home race.
As races go this was a classic. I agree with the comments on Button, it's a shame he could not give Alonso more of a push.

Good luck to Schumi in his retirement. I have to say that although he has done much to help Ferrari and shown extraordinary talent, I am glad to see him finaly go.
He's had his day and it's time to look to the future.

Every year, I always feel a bit glum after the last race of a season but this year I really look forward to 2007.
There's a bit of shake up with the drivers and a new era is starting.
C'mon Felipe and Kimi! Bring it home!

Scuderia_Russ

bhallg2k wrote:You joke about this, manchild, but had it been the other way around, Schu taking out Fisi, you would've been up in arms like a house had just fallen on your sister.
Or that she had just startes dating Flav.....either way I agree.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

pRo

manchild wrote:
pRo wrote:Renault 206, Ferrari 201, FIA 0
Alonso 134, Schumacher 121, Mosley 0
No, no your math is wrong. It's Renault 206, Ferrari 100.5, FIA 100.5
Alonso 134, Schumacher 60.5, Mosley 60.5
:lol:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Scuderia_Russ

Hilarious :roll:
-Henry Ford-

zac510
zac510

I was hoping that Schu would win just so manchild could blow a head gasket one last time.

manchild
manchild

zac510 wrote:I was hoping that Schu would win just so manchild could blow a head gasket one last time.
I've already mixed oil and water :lol:

vyselegend

:P What a fantastic end to the championship! After all the things they have endured this year, the Renault team and Fernando couldn't deserve the titles much.

Congratulations to Felipe for his home win, to Ferrari and Bridgestone for their package, damn they were so fast today!

Jenson is currently gaining confidence in himself since his win in Hungary, and I think he might surprise his detractors if ever Honda give him enough of a package next year. He is the one who scored the most points from Hungary on, with a car that couldn't match the pace of at least 3 other teams! This has to be recognised.

I see the little war between schu fans and others is still going on, but please allow me to step out of it. I think in the end everyone was put in his place, and most of all, it has to be admitted that Mickael Schumacher left the sport in the good and respectable way. He didn't tried anything dirt in suzuka, behaved very well after his engine failure, and offered us all a very good show in the last race, despite being hit by bad luck at his turn.

So for me, things are fair from now on, there's no point to keep rehearsing about the past, and also this forum had lost one of its greatest characteristic during this season, which is friendly attitude and full respect amongst us formula one fans. I really hope Schumacher's retirement will put an end to the animosity we witnessed here so often during the year, which responsability comes from both side.

As many of you, I can't stand still waiting for next year, although I'm a little sad that Fernando left Renault and Michelin is leaving the sport... I hope Brigestone will play it fair between all teams and Heikki will match the challenge laying in front of him.

janus
janus

its time for shumacher fans star widh the conspiracy theory :-)

joking any one know what appen to shumi rear tyre i read i f1-live that the team tolld shumacher that the tyre was cut by fisico car i did not see nothing and if it realy appen it was a race inciden nothing more but..any one got picture!!

congrats. to a alonso and renault great race by filpe the next world champion :-) and shumacher looks like is going to another carrear type the way we was filyng in brazil look like i signed a contrat to fly a f18 netx season :-)

one of the best race of the year

danke shumi

Scuderia_Russ

Itv reckon he has bought his son Mick a go-kart ( !! )
-Henry Ford-

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

[quote="vyselegend"]I see the little war between schu fans and others is still going on, but please allow me to step out of it. [quote]

Me too, he's now retired, anything further forward from this point is beating a dead fish.

wrk

its a wonder the kimi didnt go better....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwz0PEp6wr8
gentlemen start your engines......

Principessa

Well I've enjoyed the race yesterday. It was great!
First I want to congratulate Fernando and Renault for their 2nd title in a row! AMZING job!
Than I want to say 'Nice job' to Felipe Massa for his win in front of his home crowd. Michael Schumacher can't be forgotten as he drove an amazing last race! (I wish him all the best in everything he does after his retirement)
Jenson Button: What a race! Moving up from place 14 to place 3...it was briliant, I have no words for it.

It was a season i've really enjoyed and I hope that there will be many more like these!

BTW: I would also like to thank all of you as you've helped us making this site to an even bigger success than before! I hope that we can count on your support next season as well :wink:

Saribro
Saribro

Principessa wrote:Jenson Button: What a race! Moving up from place 14 to place 3...it was briliant, I have no words for it.
Indeed. Not too noticable on the track, but flawless drive and good strategy paid off big, very subtle :).

Scuderia_Russ

joseff wrote:Come on people, Michael hit debris from Rosberg's car. It wasn't Fisi's front wing that caused the puncture.
Autosport seem to think otherwise.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55390
-Henry Ford-

wazojugs

Even bridgestone during the race stated that it was a puncture from debris