Kimi will be 2007 Formula 1 champion

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zenvision

Actually I think that the changes will do good for Ferrari. Don't worry, Todt had everyone's replacements in line for a long time, some say as early as 2002, and they know what its needed, and the change will give everyone new motivation that if everyone remained stale after Schumi's retirement wouldn't be there.

Then there is Kimi, who is possibly the most motivated even if he doesn't show it, and why should he? Just give him a good car and job done.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

janus
janus

kini the next world champion ....dont think so.. did you see the interview of martin brundel and he ask wy did not go to shumacher tribue........"we was taking a ---" come on a drivers dont say thing like that kimi is fast but not a hard working driver ....

the nxt world champions i think massa...a low profile fellow hard working and now there are now rule in ferrari

Maybe mclarem can put a good car to alonso but adrian newy is out for red bull ..

6 month to go the bets are opn

zenvision

janus wrote:kini the next world champion ....dont think so.. did you see the interview of martin brundel and he ask wy did not go to shumacher tribue........"we was taking a ---" come on a drivers dont say thing like that kimi is fast but not a hard working driver ....

the nxt world champions i think massa...a low profile fellow hard working and now there are now rule in ferrari

Maybe mclarem can put a good car to alonso but adrian newy is out for red bull ..

6 month to go the bets are opn
It was only a joke for christ sake! First people say that he is too introvert, then when he jokes they start battering him.

F1 fans are very fickle, Massa only did a few good races towards the end of the season, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon, normal stuff though.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Tp
Tp

Before the 2006 season started people were confused as to why Massa was a Ferrari driver, he was too inconsistent and too reckless behind the wheel, 12 months later and he's a contender for driver of the year! So if Massa can change, why can't Raikkonen?

As for Mclaren I think they'll have a better season next year, with Alonso on board it brings new blood to the team, they will be more motivated next year. And I think so will Alonso, he will relish the challenge of bringing Mclaren to the top (Schumacher-Ferrari style)

Renault, well I hope with Kovalainen in the team it might push Fisichella, as Kubica did to Heidfield, but I don't know why Alonso was unsuccessful at this. Maybe it has something to do with the Renault car, maybe it was designed for Alonso's late turn in driving style and the cars designed now will require a more neutral driving style....who knows?

For me I think Red Bull have to be the most promising team of 2007, they have the team, the drivers - who have the experience and know how to win, the engine, on the same tyres as the rest, the money and for those reasons I can't see why they can't challenging the top three.

But I think Ferrari are looking to be the team to beat next year, although they have lost two key members, which could destablise the team. I still think they have more positives than negatives going into next year than any other team.

mikhak
mikhak

i think ferrari are already preparing well for kimi, with these engine failures in the last few races, reliability issues, all set up for kimi next year to drive the socks off the car and break down a few metres from the end. oh well i should be used to it by now as a kimi fan. but really he does deserve a few championships!

lets not forget why montoya left F1, maybe cos he got his ass kicked by kimi in equal equipment. i'll always remember monza 2005 where he qualified on pole with a one stop strategy and all the others on two stops. he has the speed, all ferrari hav to do is give him the car.

i dunno about all this feedback stuff cos i really dont know how teams work or how michael schumacher was so great with the team. but if you had a driver like kimi that everyone knows is super quick and will drive the hell out of it, would you not want to provide him with the best possible way to do it. hopefully all the ferrari people see it that way.

pRo

NickT wrote:McLaren and Williams have had their worst season in a long time
McLaren was 3rd...in 2004 they were 5th and got to use the 3rd car for 2005. :?
monkeyboy1976 wrote:Check out the bookies' thoughts on the matter:-
http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode ... sid/534658

Kimi favourite.
Hamilton 25-1 or 16-1 :wink:
I see Heikki's odds are going down. I made a bet for him when they were in the 50's. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

geoclassic
geoclassic

I believe the title is up for grabs next year. With new driver/car combinations, it'll be who adapts the fastest to their new enviroment. I think Honda and BMW will surprise alot of people.

Vasco

I just hope heikki can do well next year. I think that he is already faster than fisichella and all he needs are a few races uder his belt.

Frenchblock
Frenchblock

geoclassic wrote:I believe the title is up for grabs next year. With new driver/car combinations, it'll be who adapts the fastest to their new enviroment. I think Honda and BMW will surprise alot of people.
i agree, but pls Honda?

BMW will be a threat to renault, Ferrari without brawn shum and todt and BS close relationship will die slowly!

Alonso will lose quickly hopes to win anythings with mclaren jerks, and he will cheers he worst times in 2004 at renault as paradise island!

Renault will build on Heikki and Nelson strong asset, don't ever think about Renault giving a wheel to fisico in 2007! they are starting a new aera, with Nelson full of competition energy from gp2, and Heikki talents, renault will still be at top, althrough with 19000rpm limited engines the RS27 will provide more than ferrari and mercedes torque and power, Kubiça will grow up as the runner up!

BMW is procesing things on long term as renault did, and rather others they are showing strong pace!

tetopelis
tetopelis

your name says it all frenchblock, my my...aren't you a renault fan
hahahaha..chill bro.
about alonso and mclaren..the possbility is there that they'll crash and burn(and i'm a mclaren fan speaking here). mclaren just has this funny tendency of making silly petulent mistakes..really they do..and it always sound so ridiculous. the funiest is when and not properly fastend nut killed kimi's hydraulic when he was running away with a victory..i was irkishly laughing my head off..hows does amultimillion dollar team running a multimillion dollar car do a stupid mistake like tat..but yet i'm still thier fan..hahaha...its passion. and its not that they can't do it..not to long agao mclaren were the dominant force in motor sport while ferrari and renault were watching thier backsides on the pavement..and before that there was benneton, and williams, and honda engine era, and ferrari era, and who can forget the silver arrow mercedes era...thats just wat it is era. things change from time to time with things moving around..and it always happen when there some sort of click of a big change..next year seems to be pointing at that..who knows..maybe the boys at mclaren will get it right and they'll steam roll again..maybe its another team...but i so do hope its mclaren..:P..hehehe...but thats why i love it..who knows??..;)
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

I am counting the seconds:-

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... =00&p0=152

Only 12.4 million to go..... :(

Reca
Reca

Frenchblock wrote: the new rules could advantage big torque engines, and only renault and BMW have one!

to interlagos, Alonso engine never passed 19000rpms when ferrari one was toping 21000rpm..
Ferrari engine in Interlagos didn’t even see 19300 rpm, let alone 21000...
Massa was upshifting at 19200 in q3 while MS was upshifting at about 19000-19100 during the race and reaching about 18400-18500 rpm in 7th at the end of straight lines.
These data are actually very similar to what I found the whole year (sign that Ferrari didn’t crazily increase revs to find more power for that single race spec as some here suggested but most likely worked on reduction of mechanical losses and slightly different maps); Ferrari 056 is, in relative terms, a low revving design, during the whole season it exceeded 19k rpm only in qualifying or in particular situations while needing to push (as for example last laps in Turkey) and only by 200, max 300 rpm; in races the upper limit for upshifts was typically 19k and it was almost always reaching about 18.5k in 7th, in Monza like in Monaco, like in Interlagos, most likely that’s the peak power rpm.

The RS26, even if not king of rpm of the grid, was revving about 400-500 rpm higher than 056, during races, normally upshift was at 19500-19600 and up to 19k in 7th.
I don’t have Alonso onboard from Interlagos to analyse at the moment, but they showed briefly the rpm meter on tv and according to it (that usually gives results quite in agreement with my analysis) Alonso was upshifting at 19k and was again at 19k at the first corner braking. That was with roughly 40 laps to go and, since Alonso himself declared that right after MS puncture they told him to keep down rpm, it means that in the first laps he was most likely revving at over 19k and that fits with what I always found about Renault during the year; with the necessity to extract it all from the engine in Interlagos Alonso would have revved it well over 19k, just like he did all the year while needing to push. It was revving “only” to 19k to, correctly, focus on reliability because to end the race was all he needed to do.

onon
onon

Kimi ftw

looking at how 2007 season started i think Kimi will be this year champion, if ferrari can deliver the reliability Kimi can deliver the speed.

emburmak
emburmak

Re: Kimi ftw

onon wrote:looking at how 2007 season started i think Kimi will be this year champion, if ferrari can deliver the reliability Kimi can deliver the speed.
I dont think so. At the moment FM has the legs on him. 8)

AeroGT3
AeroGT3

wazojugs wrote:I would like to see the odds on renault releaving fisi from his contract before the french GP!

Any takers!
Everyone knows he'll be gone soon. All he does is complain about the car and make excuses.