Kimi will be 2007 Formula 1 champion

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joseff

Thing is, he seems to be more consistent than Heikki. In skill as well as luck. I think Flavio will deal with Heikki first, Fisico later.

Ciro Pabón

Good point, joseff. Please, guys, a little "positivism" :). Can you say something about the good traits of drivers?

It's the same to say Räikkönen is faster than, I don't know, Khartikeyan that to say that Narain is slower than Kimi. The first phrase bring kudos from the finnish department, the second one can disturb the indian contingent.

Accentuate the positive: that's a good idea when you are tuning a car, much more when you tune your comments.

IF you have hard data, then it's different: extend as much as you wish, as Reca post shows. We all know he has a mike and an RPM analyzer next to his DVD recorder. If you're unsure, just rephrase your comment into a question: someone will answer. For example: will Kimi be able to bring the first championship in to Ferrari after Brawn? I think he can, but the fat lady is just clearing her throat...

"Bring me numbers, not opinions", and "motivate your posts": if you explain why you think that Todt is a better driver than, ehem, Montezzemolo, for example, the whole post sounds different.

BTW, I'm extatic about the number of people that returned after the "winter pause". A big welcome to all of you and a warm "latin hug"! :)
Ciro

nae
nae

Ciro Pabón wrote: a little "positivism" :). Can you say something about the good traits of drivers?
Fisichella is good at excuses

sato is good at crash testing cars

ralf is good at getting more than he is worth in a pay deal

Ciro Pabón

That's much better, nae! I bet nobody will complain about that post. ;)
Ciro

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Well, on the eve of the second race, things sure have becme interesting already. Kimi's win down under has proven he and his team can carry the battle. But Massa has also shown great grit, refusing to bow to any pressure. And it sure is nice to see McLaren back in the fight.
The best part is that we the fans win, by a large margin. We're going to see a wonderful battle, nothing is secure, no outcome predicted. Love it, a wide open title battle between many teams and drivers.
Will the Finnish avalanche bury everyone else? Will Alonso repeat his magic? Or willl it go to the little guy who just doesn't give up, the "little engine that could", Massa? I gotta tell you, I like all the drivers, and am happy for so many people, Ferrari, McLaren, Williams. But I somehow find myself cheering right now for Massa.

zenvision

I think for Kimi to win Ferrari need to resort back to 1-2 driver system. They can't allow this to happen again. The start was a crucial point, and forgetting the Hamilton part, I don't think Massa would have blocked his team mate like he did with Kimi, as Kimi himself had quite a good margin out of the blocks but Hamilton was able to sneak in there and then overtook Massa too. He seems back to his Sauber days or maybe he's been shown up now. Certainly no championship material if you ask me.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

D
D

I'm new so hello everyone.
zenvision wrote:He (Massa) seems back to his Sauber days or maybe he's been shown up now. Certainly no championship material if you ask me.
I couldn't agree more. I was as impressed by Hamilton as I was disappointed with Massa. I really thought he had 'turn the corner' after strong performances from last year. Shame really.
Thank you for reading.

ds.raikkonen

Massa is quick,very quick...he is showing good harmony with the SF+bridgestone package....even last year he proved this by getting 2poles and 2 wins...Heikki was also too good last year...in majority of the free practices,he was fastest...he just has to get his eye in with the new bridgestone package
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

bizadfar
bizadfar

ds.raikkonen wrote:Massa is quick,very quick...he is showing good harmony with the SF+bridgestone package....even last year he proved this by getting 2poles and 2 wins...Heikki was also too good last year...in majority of the free practices,he was fastest...he just has to get his eye in with the new bridgestone package
Even though statistically he won those and to 2 poles. I believe MS's pace in Brazil was miles faster than Massa (well im not really considering Massa didn't push much). But For EG, Massa's pole lap he had a slipstream all the way through the straight. i think in 2001 they penalized Mika 6 places for that.

ds.raikkonen

i agree about MS...he was in a different league altogether in Brazil 06..but massa did nt have slipstream benefit ALL the way long...only in sector 3..coz he was quickly catching up the williams ahead..
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

bizadfar
bizadfar

ds.raikkonen wrote:i agree about MS...he was in a different league altogether in Brazil 06..but massa did nt have slipstream benefit ALL the way long...only in sector 3..coz he was quickly catching up the williams ahead..
lol... so that's no benefit. That's like 5-10km/h extra. Go someone to calculate how much major time he made from just that. Why are you even arguing? He had the slip in Sector 3 (which is basically 1 brake zone) all the way, gained time from it. You can't accept that because he didn't have it in sector 1, 2....lol

ds.raikkonen

allright dude...i agree..he did benifit from the Williams.even if so slightly.but thats what qual is all about...!!i think it was a planned move...to put massa behind the williams

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Kimi Raikkonen Interview -

Q: Your most prized possession?
A: My wife and my Ferrari Enzo.

Seems to me he has great taste !

http://www.formula1.com/news/5936.html
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

D
D

mx_tifosi wrote:Kimi Raikkonen Interview -

Q: Your most prized possession?
A: My wife and my Ferrari Enzo.
I like the fact that he views his wife as 'a possession'. What a man... Haha~
Thank you for reading.

checkered

I like the fact that he views his wife as 'a possession'. What a man... Haha~
Home address of ...

Mr. & Mrs. Raikkonen
23 Android Lane