Massa's key to success

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

Massa's key to success

Felipe Massa revealed his key to success. If he has a good day on Friday (during a GP weekend), he'll wear the same underpants on Saturday. If he has a good Saturday as well, he wear the same underpants on Sunday. He says it works as he did it during the Brazilian Grand Prix!

scarbs
scarbs

That brings a bad image to the mind should Massa ever have a run of victories like his ex-team mate has had in the past.

Deano_266
Deano_266

scarbs wrote:That brings a bad image to the mind should Massa ever have a run of victories like his ex-team mate has had in the past.
yeah but if it helps him it helps him.

and i think he might just wash them
Schumi the greatest will always live on in our memories

mini696

Superstitious (sic) people baffle me.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

mini696 wrote:Superstitious (sic) people baffle me.
It gives you confidence. There you are, at the starting line, and the one thought uppermost on your mind is, "I'm a racing God, I'm invunerable, I have my dirty shorts on..." :wink:

Tom

DC used to have lucky pants...before they ripped in mysterious circumstances
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

flynfrog

DaveKillens wrote:
mini696 wrote:Superstitious (sic) people baffle me.
It gives you confidence. There you are, at the starting line, and the one thought uppermost on your mind is, "I'm a racing God, I'm invunerable, I have my dirty shorts on..." :wink:
They are racing shorts :x

Jason

Underpants??? Hmmm......does he ever wash them throughout the weekend??? :roll:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Principessa

He doesn't wash them if he drove well....he just wears them again on Saturday if he drove well on Friday and he doesn't wash them after a good qualifying, but wears them again on Sunday during the race. So, with all the sweat...that must stink :P !

Tom

...but no one would want to come up behind him, even to overtake, i see his mentality, keep as far away from his rear as possible.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Reca
Reca

I think one would have an hard time looking for a driver/rider not having some superstitious habit, some are very evident, others more subtle and kept intentionally “secret” but they all have something.
For example some drivers enter in the car and get out always from the same side, some always wear a particular thing, some do always the same things in the same order while preparing for the race, the list is endless.
Take a look for example at the long “ritual” that Rossi does before riding the bike, do you think is it really needed ? Maybe the first times he actually did it to stretch the muscles, help the suit to better fit etc etc, but then he elaborated it adding further gestures to the point that any further “physical” help is negligible and it all became mainly a ritual to help his concentration.

The performance of a driver/rider depends by his head as much as by his ability, possibly more, he has first of all to be convinced that everything is perfect, that everything in the preparation was just like it needs to be before putting himself on these crazily fast vehicles and extract full performance from it.
More often that not a little thing increasing driver’s self confidence will help with the stopwatch way more than several hours of cars development could.

bhall
bhall

Principessa wrote:...that must stink :P !
I'm sure it's nothing a champagne shower can't take care of.

joseff

If your job involves putting your life on the line on a daily basis, it's pretty hard not to get superstitious.

Hondanisti

does that follow the 2 weekend rule like the engines ? :shock:
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

ketanpaul

He doesn't wash them if he drove well....he just wears them again on Saturday if he drove well on Friday and he doesn't wash them after a good qualifying, but wears them again on Sunday during the race. So, with all the sweat...that must stink Razz !

These guys have nomex underpants so i dont think they can absorb sweat and/or stink :lol: :lol: :lol: