What can we expect from Kubica next year

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tomislavp4

What can we expect from Kubica next year

What do you think?
I think he´s full of potential and I would say that he´s going to win at least one race. I expect him to be in the first 5 in the drivers championship

manchild
manchild

If he gets top car he can fight for WDC. Just remember how he drove on wet in Hungary, finished 3rd in Monza... I've never seen any rookie having that much maturity in his driving as Kubica, especially having in mind that his car was far from top car that forgives driver's mistakes.

tomislavp4

BMW made a good progress through the season so I expect good car from them :P

G-Rock
G-Rock

I think Kubica is good but he'll end up like Webber, Rosberg, Ralf, and Albers. Lot's of racket when they first got onto the scene but eventually end up settling for mid pack.
He's done well but my gut instinct tells me his best days are over.
--------------------------------------------------------

mini696

I think he'll end up like Webber too. Lots of potential and very fast, just waiting to be given a good car. The "racket" these drivers receive is more than worth it.

Giancarlo
Giancarlo

We must keep in mind that next year everyone is using the same tire compounds - so the team to adjust the quickest will be ahead of the pack.

So to say that RK will be a podium contender from the get-go may be a bit to optimistic. A better guage will be how he does in comparision to Heidi in the first couple of races. If I were to guess, I would say that Nick is going to get a few driving lessons from his newest teammate.

He has the speed, but does he have the determination and mindset? Nevermind on-track antics - I'm talking about being in the spotlight and comming under fire from the media if something goes wrong. Mental endurance is just important as physical endurace. That's the only question I have about Kubica. Does he have the mental endurace to withstand pressure/stress from the media and BMW thru think and thin? If he does, God bless him - if he doesn't, well...he'll crack under pressure and lose pace.

Only time will tell.
SIU Formula SAE

ketanpaul

Well I think that BMW are really gonna have an awesome car next year, much like this year's McLaren or even better, so Kubica is gonna win atleast one race.
As far as his "fading out" is concerned, i think if he sticks to BMW for the next couple of seasons, he could well win a championship. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Principessa

Robert Kubica is a very talented driver, but I don't believe that he'll fight for the championship next season, even with a very good car. Kubica takes too many risks sometimes, even when they are not necessary. That's why I think that he still needs to learn a lot, but I see him winning races and perhaps the championship in the near future :wink:

johny

i'd like to see him winning races next year. His case (don't talk about his driving stile :wink: ) remembers alonso one. he's creating a great fanbase, and introducing the sport in poland, he's young and with a clear future ahead. He risked because he knew that was his life oportunity and he impressed many many people

zenvision

He's great, but not as the hype that's surrounding him. He still needs one, maybe 2 years or more to mature into the driver we all want to see him become. Keep in mind that Heidfeld had the upper hand nearly eveywhere apart from monza, but then, Heidfeld is reallllllllllly under-rated, I wonder if he had a charisma and nation/press support like Button where he would have arrived.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

ketanpaul

Kubica takes too many risks sometimes, even when they are not necessary
He does take risks but he does take them in an intelligent manner. If you look at his Monza start or his overtaking in Hungary and Turkey, you can see that he is full of confidence in all his moves but at the same time doing everything with open eyes

Heikkirocks
Heikkirocks

No one in Poland bothered with Kubica until he ran with light up spec'd car in practice, now in a race drive no longer fronts the time sheets and plays the team game, we have a large polish population around this area of London and the guys I meet love him, but only since Hungary headlines, if he fades he'll have no support, if I had a bet, I would say vettel or glock will replace him not because they may be faster in testing, but because they are easier to fit into a car, designers love a little driver.

manchild
manchild

Heikkirocks wrote:... I would say vettel or glock will replace him not because they may be faster in testing, but because they are easier to fit into a car, designers love a little driver.
...and because BMW is known by patriotism. Remember how they insisted to have Ralf in Williams although he was way too much expensive. From 4 current BMW drivers 3 of them are German - Hiedfeld, Vettel, Glock. If he isn't really, really good BMW will replace him with Vettel without much thinking. If I was them I'd replace Heidfeld with Vettel.

Kubica is definitively one of the best rookies ever.

m3_lover

No way would Red Bull let Vettel join BMW without some financial incentive...they do have a long term contract with him I believe
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.