Indian GP at last !!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

Indian GP at last !!!

India will join the formula one calendar in 2010, Bernie Ecclestone revealed this week.

Speaking to US financial news service Bloomberg, the F1 supremo said he was 'far down the line' in negotiating with an unidentified regional government. It is understood that the circuit will not be in Hyderabad.

Construction will begin shortly, the diminutive Briton said.

"India is a country that is probably going to grow quicker than China," Ecclestone, 75, said. "We had to make sure we found the right place in India and we have."

To Bloomberg, Ecclestone also contradicted reports that Imola could one day have its grand prix reinstated, and floated the concept of alternating an annual race between traditional venues in Britain and France.

"It's bye-bye to San Marino," he started, before saying that French race organisers 'are happy' with a race-sharing scheme.

As for Britain, possessing a contract for Silverstone only until 2009, Bernie continued: "I don't know what they want and I'm not sure they do (want to share)."

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH

LUV U BERNIE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GTO

Great news.

Do you have any news or reports indicating which city will most likely host the race?

If it is not Hyderabad, the planned track must be in Mumbai, Bangalore or Chennai.

ketanpaul

I dont think it will be in Chennai as its a really nice place to have a race in and Mumbai simply doesnt have the place for a thing like this, so it is probably gonna be Bangalore or New Delhi and surrounding areas

GTO

The reason I suggested Chennai was because it is the home of the Indian racing scene & birthplace of Narain. I would think the polititians would want to use the race to promote the state & city to catch up to Bangalore's IT hub glamour. Plus land would certainly be cheaper than New Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore.

What do you mean Mumbai doesn't have place for this. Land or facilities?

How is New Delhi any better?

I agree, Bangalore definitely has the "technology" edge because of its boom in software companies. Thus a better market place to attract ticket buyers.

ketanpaul

I meant Mumbai doesnt have the empty land needed whreas Surrounding areas and outskirts of Delhi like Vasant Kunj, Noida etc do have a lot of land available and a spectacular infrastructure. And Chennai will be difficult logistically.