just wanna know who is better driver in your oponion.......

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
yin
yin

just wanna know who is better driver in your oponion.......

sorry,i'm new and still learning about F1 :(
i really don't mean that,i just wanna know who do you think is the best driver in your oponion....maybe i should correct the question a little bit.. :(
so,who do you think is worthy to add at the f1 website of the hall of fame section???? :)
Last edited by yin on 30 Nov 2006, 07:43, edited 2 times in total.

m3_lover

Who cares... it is all subjective... here we go again
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

All right, this time no one argue about anyone elses descision, OK?

I'd vote for Prost as the best driver ever, but the best driver of 2007 will be Kubiza (sp) though I'm begining to think Massa will take the crown.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

vyselegend

I'd vote for Senna. Not very original I know, but along with Prost he was the best, and now he's a legend.
For nowadays drivers, this is more difficult. Alonso clearly had something more, a driving style very different to others, that's what I liked untill now, but it remain to be proved that the traditionally understeery Mac Laren will allow such a style to work. Logic would be that the car will be suited to him because he's the n°1 in the team, but as it appear he won't be able to test before january, it seems unlikely now.
Appart from him (and the old guns), I'm impatient to see what Kubica, Kovaleinen and Hamilton have to show.

yin
yin

vyselegend wrote:I'd vote for Senna. Not very original I know, but along with Prost he was the best, and now he's a legend.
For nowadays drivers, this is more difficult. Alonso clearly had something more, a driving style very different to others, that's what I liked untill now, but it remain to be proved that the traditionally understeery Mac Laren will allow such a style to work. Logic would be that the car will be suited to him because he's the n°1 in the team, but as it appear he won't be able to test before january, it seems unlikely now.
Appart from him (and the old guns), I'm impatient to see what Kubica, Kovaleinen and Hamilton have to show.
i'm wondering has any good driver share the same driving style as alonso???he's totally diff than anyone else....(beside kubica) :)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

beleive it or not,my favorite f1 driver now that schumacer is gone would have to be massa, i think he does have what it takes to win the crown during the next couple of seasons,if not in 2007,and he actually has a personality,unlike raikkonen,but vettel and kubica are great as well,amazing for rookies,compared to other drivers like speed and the overrated nico rosberg who have been there for a couple years without major improvements and much less results than one would have imagined or hoped for,
and no, i dont think any other driver in the current line up has the same driving style as alonso(or kubica)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

manchild
manchild

yin wrote:i'm wondering has any good driver share the same driving style as alonso???he's totally diff than anyone else....(beside kubica) :)
Alonso reminds so much on Alain Prost. Constant, smooth and fast...

Venom
Venom

manchild wrote:Alonso reminds so much on Alain Prost. Constant, smooth and fast...
where did smooth come from?
:shock: :lol:

Are you sure it's not the hair-style that reminds you? :p

Senna had very different driving style, he was never consistent on the throttle. He smahes the throttle 50 times in 1 sec, where as schumacher or kimi keep it more of a flow througout the corners.

Alonso, however, treats the car like a tractor. Well, all that is about to change because his new tractor (McLaren) will fall into pieces if he does so.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's interesting that there is only one active WDC, Alonso. But Massa shows awesome potential. After a shaky start at Ferrari, he finished the season in fine form, winning Brazil handily. Kubica also shows great potential, obviously rookie of the year and destined for great things.
But watch out for Kimi. He just may tear up the field this year.
Historically, Gilles Villeneuve, Jacques, Ayrton Senna, and Nelson Piquet were my favorites. I could name scores more, but one driver I also liked was Teodorico (Teo) Fabi.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

i wonder if alonso's and raikkonens driving styles will change when they get into their new cars,because as Venom posted,the mclaren WILL fall into peices if alonso treats it like he did the renault,because the renault was as tough as heck,and we all know the the mclaren isnt so much,raikkonen didnt drive it that badly and it still broke down,very very often,
im pretty anxious to get the new season started though,the battle for the #1 driver spot at Ferrari is going to be awesome to watch,my money and best wishes are for Felipinho,but none of the current drivers really catch my eye as much as massa,he is one of the most improved,with the exception of kubica who kicked a** his first season, but still, my favorite driver would have to be Massa,he has really fine tuned his driving skills during his first season as a Ferrari driver,who would have thought he could be contender for the 2007+ WDC? i mean,who remembers all his flat spotting moments early on during the 2006 season ?
and yes,raikkonen might just tear the living cr*p out of the feild next year
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

manchild
manchild

Venom wrote:
manchild wrote:Alonso reminds so much on Alain Prost. Constant, smooth and fast...
where did smooth come from?
:shock: :lol:
Alonso is smooth during whole race, sometimes it looks like as if he is just picking points when he is taking the maximum out of car. That's what I call smooth - when a driver is fast but it looks like he's just driving around without much interest. That's how Prost looked compared with Senna as his teammate although they were both on the edge but Prost's edge wasn't visible.

Perhaps you'll understand what I mean if I mention Jacques Villeneuve as non-smooth driver. JV was being fast differently - like Senna was.
Last edited by manchild on 01 Dec 2006, 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

joseff

Best driver in terms of what? Entertainment Value, Jacques Villeneuve for sure. The guy just wears his heart on his sleeve, on and off the track.

In terms of driving, I'd say Fernando Alonso. But he's too Prosty. And I still like Senna better. Entertainment!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It took me years of serious spectating before I could begin to appreciate the "smooth" driving style, and how much skill it took to make it look easy while going so fast. In fact, for my sim racing I work very hard at being smooth.
But I watch racing to be entertained, and the rough and tough style of driving the car at or over it's limit really turns my crank. Not only is it visually exciting, but this style clearly displays the driver's personality, character, and determination. That's why I prefer drivers such as Gilles Villeneuve and Ayrton Senna. They don't just drive around a track fast, they compete, heart and soul, they fight and kick and claw as hard as they can to overcome any obstacle, and we get to see it all.

Tom

My favorite JV moment was when he walked away from his massive shunt at Eau Rouge in the belgium GP qualifying in 1998.

He arrived back in the pitlane at some point and Loise Goodman pounced on him asking him to comment on the crash, to which he replied 'god fun, that was one of my better crashes'
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Hondanisti

It's interesting how opinions have become the foremost source of information
in western democracies lately.

For example, the exploding (and sometimes lucrative) phenomenon of blogging as a cultural norm is a method and opportunity for opinion spouting based on some source of information.

We have lost the notion of objective validation.

Subjectivity even if it's filled with incorrect unverified information is considered a "right".

There is confusion between the right of free speech and having an opinion compared to having free speech and the educated process of determining whether the opinion is correct.

We don't close the loop by validating which opinion is correct objectively. When it can't be validated, the notion out there is everyone can argue their posturing position to the "figurative" rhetorical death until someone grows bored and tired of arguing and the attention span wanes.

So in that spirit, I've posted my opinion above on the matter of "opinions".

I'd rather have correct valid info to base my decisions on. I don't want to form a perception based on marketing or partisan politicing skewing. I would rather seek the truth than defend a false pretense for the sake of someone's agenda or personal gain.

That is my opinion about an opinion thread on "who is the best driver?" in a team sport that relies equally on mechanical & aerogrip as well as the driver to determine the best package development over the season.

You may want to "save" this thread by first determining what criteria and confounders determine "best" and what "best" means.

It's a team sport. A driver's success depends on the car designer, engine, aero, tire company, and how fast his pit crew can set the car up to the changing conditions and how fast his race engineer changes the race strategy to changing conditions.

PS consider for a moment how many people own all the major media news sources in your country (eg. Rupert Murdoch in North America for example )and then consider how many people determine what is selected, edited, and released as news for the mass public to mold "public attention" on certain topics and "public opinion". You'll be shocked. I was.
Last edited by Hondanisti on 01 Dec 2006, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING