Bourdais to test for Toro Rosso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso

Are you saying that Massa never wants to do better ? have you not read/heard his interviews ?If he didnt want to do better i dont think that he would be in contention for the 2007 title,his personal motivation has gotten him rather impressive results and IMO will continue to, what can you say about bourdais ? he isnt even if F1, he has only gotten a few "test" drives at RBR, and I believe Massa is still at Ferrari, if he was overrated I dont think Ferrari would still have him around after so many years of experience and time together, in my opinion he is definately not overrated what so ever, i actually believe Bourdais is the one who has gotten too much hype in the Formula 1 world without even having any F1 experience or relation
And regarding Schuey's Brazilian slave comment, if that happened to be the case, which it wasnt, Schuey is gone as a driver and Massa now has free reigns at Ferrari, i definately dont think Massa will play "second fiddle" to Raikkonen, but due to his extreme loyalty to his former teammate he did often get the short end of the stick, but those days are gone and he will be one of the best in Formula 1 now, i'm not completaly sure of my ratings for best drivers in F1, but i would definately rate Massa among the TOP 3 for '07+ (along Raikkonen and Alonso, in no specific order)

Scuderia Ferrari 2007 WCC
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

G-Rock

Now, now MX, all I'm saying is that there are plenty of good drivers and Massa is one of them.
A world champion would never play second fiddle to anyone, even Schumacher. He basically just admitted by his actions that he is an average driver and won't be a world champion...ever!
Massa's with the ranks of Berger, Coultard, Barrichello etc. They are just happy to be paid well, enjoy the good life and win a race every now and then to spice things up.
Could you imagine a driver like Raikonnen or Alonso sitting back and helping his teamate win races? They would never sign such a contract. A real championship contender would never do such a thing.
In March we are going to see Kimi continually outqualify Massa to the point were the team will make him the second driver. He did such a great job of it last year, why not in 07?
I thought it was pretty sad when Massa won his first GP (Brazil 06) and while all teared up, apologized for the fact that Schumacher should have won and that it was too bad he lost valuable points. WTF? It was his first win, in Brazil to top it off and he's apologizing? He shouldn't have looked back, he deserved that win and shouldn't have felt guilty for it.
When I see Bourdais race, it reminds me of Villeneuve in Cart in the mid 90's. He would win at all costs and wouldn't settle for second place. He did some extraordinary things that I've never seen Massa do. (anyone with a brilliant Massa story, please enlighten me)
So there you have it. Massa has no chance in 07 and F1 made a big mistake not signing up Bourdais in time (he's 27 already)
--------------------------------------------------------

mx_tifoso

Dont worry G-Rock, im not mad or anything,just keeping the forum alive

And if you knew anything about Massa, you would know that Brazil '06 wasnt his first F1 win, it was Hungary '06, but he was the first Brazilian since Senna to win it (F1)

But its true, he shouldnt be sad to win and apologize to Schumacher for not being able to "help" him in his quest for his 8th WDC, i dont think he's with the ranks of Berger,Coulthard, or Barrichello though, he has a great amount of ambition and drive to become a better driver and even become WC, i certainly do wish him the best though, i think he deserves it as well, Raikkonen for example, was #1 at Mclaren for a number of years but didnt manage to win the WC, he came really really close, but didnt manage to acheive it, so the driver position or number from the past doesnt matter anymore, each one will have to earn it and start "fresh",I dont know what the outcome will be next year between Massa and Raikkonen, but it sure will be close, its a close call but I'm guessing almost everyones money is on Raikkonen, even if we all feel sympathetic towards Massa and his "supporting" role, as for me, i dont know what to think yet,
oh yeah..... I believe he won more races than Raikkonen last year too

I dont know what else to add for now, but Massa doesnt fall in with drivers like Barrichello, he's pathetic and should leave his Honda seat to someone else (not Klein though), hes definately not going to get better or go up in the ranks

G-Rock

I can't wait to prove you wrong MX. We shall see in October who's right. If I win I'm going to post "MX Tifosi has to eat G-Rock's shorts" and if you win, the other way 'round! :wink:
Then we will have the forum rub it in for the next year.

Tom

Well, the gloves are off now.

I reakon Massa will be the surprise too, but i'm certainly not eating anyones shorts, I'm willing to put a tenner on it however.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso

I'm not going to say that i eat anyones shorts either, so lets find a more mature way

all ive been saying is that Massa is a front runner as well, Raikkonen might be faster in flat out racing, but Massa has his strengths as well, he just might be the surprise, because out of the front runners he's the only one that remains with his team from last year, and maybe will have the upper hand on alonso as alonso probably and most likely wont have a reliable car,plus, he still has to adapt to his new team and car, which he has only tested and drove once, same for kimi, he hasnt even driven a Ferrari F1 car yet, and he still has to test the new tires that will be used, so maybe at least at the beggining he will be at the front, so i am not saying for sure that Massa will win the WDC, but he definately has his chances against Kimi and Nando

So we'll see how things start to turn out soon enough,starting in March, but definately the end results in October

My Top 3 = #1 Raikkonen #2 Alonso #3 Massa

mx_tifoso

I am actually correcting my self on the part about Massa's maiden win, it was the Turkish Grand Prix, but at the moment i was thinking about Massa's win there and Buttons win a couple of weeks earlier in Hungary,sorry guys, i got a little confused at the time of posting it

G-Rock

Well it looks like Bourdais is on his way to STR by the looks of Bergers comments.

johny

he's having another test to see if he's quick or not. Some extra pressure for Luzzi and Speed. It seems that next year Bourdais will have a seat.