[F1T Fantasy Game] Rules & Subscriptions 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
checkered

Hi Tomba,

my team name is

SBQ Checkered,

very incorrectly - and illogically - short for "la sQderia di Bandiera a Scacchi" (misspelled at that, I know) ... or whatever else even remotely fits the bill, as far as I'm concerned.

A little analysis based on the incomplete entry list ... i.e. what percentage "agreed" with the choices I made.

Engine - Toyota (Customer) ... 1/26 only; and no takers for a Williams chassis either
Chassis - Honda ... 6/26; relative confidence, 8/26 counting those with Honda chassis and some other engine
Driver 1 - Heidfeld ... 1/26; a rarity
Driver 2 - Kovalainen ... 4/26; ~ avg faith
Driver 3 - Hamilton ... 17/26; overflowing confidence for a rookie

So in essence, I'm betting that Raikkonen, Massa & Alonso won't dominate - separately or together. Also, a lot of Ferrari 1-2's and I'm done for as far as top positions go, long before the season ends. A tall order indeed.

On the other hand, in case there's a half-way decent Williams resurgence, Heidfeld regularly mixes up for top positions, Honda manages to keep up and the rookies keep their stats clean enough ... who knows? :wink:

vyselegend

Seems I'm underbudgeted...If possible I'd like to change my 3rd driver (currently TBN) for Davidson. If it's too late then this TBN driver is Liuzzi.

Thanks.

Principessa

I have to say that Tomba did put the entry list online, but Sebbe is the one doing the great work! He made the list and than sent it to us!
Thank you Sebbe! :wink:

Steven
Owner

@checkered & vyselegend: I'll fix that tonight

It's absolutely the last day today for subscriptions as tomorrow free practice starts, and knowing how they do there could be an advantage.

Ciro Pabón

Damn. I don't know if I'm posting this before practice. I haven't seen them (it's 4:17 am here, I'm finishing a huge project for tomorrow). This is my team, in case you can add it:

Code: Select all

Name:    Zero Racing (changing the name I proposed)
Chassis: Ferrari    12
Engine:  Renault     8
Drivers: Kubica     12.5
         Davidson    9.0
         Liuzzi      7.5
Ciro

Steven
Owner

Here's the "final" update for our competition, I have updates for vyselegend and checkered and filled in the team for Ciro.

Note that for zenvision, I flipped a coin to decide what his TBN driver will be. If I do not know from him before the start of the race, this will be assumed Speed for the whole season.

The 2007 teams
:arrow: Entry list for 2007

Principessa

I wonder what my results will be for this race :oops: (I hope sebbe is back soon!!)

sebbe
sebbe

Hi everyone!
I'm back from Brazil, and I have to say that I have a severe case of post-vacation depression...
I have 150+ unread emails and several meetings scheduled for the coming weeks. I'll do my best to put the results asap.

I missed the race! :cry:
I was waiting for the shuttle to pick me up at the hotel lobby and I watched until lap 20...

Never mind... McLaren did it well enough!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Ted68

Looks like we three can't add. Where is the column and points for the third driver?

Phoenix

Not to be rude or anything of the sort, but I was wondering if the results have been posted and where I could find them.

sebbe
sebbe

Hi guys, how are you?
I didn't show the third driver column due to the fact that Mario Thaissen hasn't fired anybody yet :lol:
Seriously, the third driver is a backup driver, he doesn't play until the 1st or 2nd driver are out.

I'm sure there are minor errors in the spreadsheet. Feel free to PM me if you are not happy with your results, mmmm :?
I mean if you're not happy with my spreadsheet results!
Anyway, that's why Tomba and me posted all the sheets, the one with the results by driver, by team and the championship table.
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Ted68

Well I think the third driver should score points in this game as they did last season.

As each team has a reserve driver who will replace our regular driver in the event he can't race, we will score points from the replacement. Say Fisi strains a toenail and Piquet fills in, those who chose Fisi will be awarded the points from Piquet. So what is the use of having three drivers at all for the fantasy game?

If this had been pointed out in the rules it would have influenced our choices. Which of our drivers are the main force and who is the reserve? Shouldn't we have been allowed to make that choice? I would have saved money on the third driver and have chosen a better chassis.

What do the rest of you think? I say add in the third driver that we paid for.

Cheers!

checkered

As I went through the first

results I certainly thought I'd misunderstood some of the rules and/or overlooked some. It still might be the case, I can't be sure since I didn't review the 2006 rules, for example. I followed pretty much the same logic in picking up the team as Ted68, investing evenly and heavily in all three drivers, leaving an off chance to gain additional points with mid-level outfits that, separately, are of a lesser benefit to the fantasy teams than drivers.

I do remember wondering about why the scoring favoured the drivers over the teams so heavily, but in the haste made nothing of it. Worse still, I listed my drivers in order of purchase prices, whereas I wouldn't necessarily have assumed the level of performance to correlate with the prices so absolutely. Being left to these devices makes the league a bit more academic than I perhaps hoped for.

Steven
Owner

Well I was under the impression that all three drivers scored points too, just like they did last year.

There is nothing about that in the rules in the beginning of this thread, so to me it would seem logical to maintain last year's driver system. :idea:

Right?

Tp
Tp

Ted68 wrote:Well I think the third driver should score points in this game as they did last season.

As each team has a reserve driver who will replace our regular driver in the event he can't race, we will score points from the replacement. Say Fisi strains a toenail and Piquet fills in, those who chose Fisi will be awarded the points from Piquet. So what is the use of having three drivers at all for the fantasy game?

If this had been pointed out in the rules it would have influenced our choices. Which of our drivers are the main force and who is the reserve? Shouldn't we have been allowed to make that choice? I would have saved money on the third driver and have chosen a better chassis.

What do the rest of you think? I say add in the third driver that we paid for.

Cheers!
Exactly, I feel sorry for the people who have randomly placed drivers as 1st, 2nd and 3rd without realising, that it matters. Some people have put Hamilton (most likely their best driver) as their 3rd driver!