Valencia Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

The Pitot tube is normally in front of the driver... I think it's really weird to see it there. When you see the picture of Spanner from the MP4-22's side, you see it clearly that it is a pitot tube, but I don't understand what it's doing there.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

By having it mounted up high they are getting more absolute readings, and probably using the bottom one to evaluate air speed along the car.

dcdabest
dcdabest

I think pre-season testing can give a fair idea of the relative performance of the teams as long as you ignore the fastest times posted on the news sites! A much better indication of pace comes from the long runs, which requires access to each and every lap recorded during the day. Does anyone know where to find the testing data for the valencia tests? The http://www.circuitvalencia.com site doesn't seem to have them...
Im thinking of all the li'l starving Africans...

tetopelis
tetopelis

wow. really good signs for Mclaren so far. I'm not reading into the lap times..even though its nice to see them on top.:P.but more its reliability. Fernando and Lewis have had successful tests with no problem. The fuel leak problem fernando had was a simulated exercise to see how they coped with the problem but that was the very end of the day. And the engine problem that Pedro had was also a controlled situation where they used the engine that Fernando used for 1100km, way beyond the life cycle of the engine to see how much further they can push on it. Real good sign of stability and realiability on the car..speed looks promising but thats all up in the air till the start of the season.
" If you want to win, get a Finn" - Hakkinen

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

What was the time difference between the medium and soft specifications?

First impressions suggest an average lap time difference of half a second between the medium and faster soft specification. That's the statement of Bridgestone’s Kees van de Grint...
Interesting...
Raikkonen used one set of tyres during the second or the third day of the test and Alonso was rumoured to be on the medium compound on Thursday...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent