Frank Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wrk

Sorry to say that not everyone thinks the same of the great man..

Wonder why you will never see a honda powered Williams......the big wigs at Honda dont think it right that a man in a wheel chair can run a F1 team.
gentlemen start your engines......

Ted68

wrk wrote:Sorry to say that not everyone thinks the same of the great man..

Wonder why you will never see a honda powered Williams......the big wigs at Honda dont think it right that a man in a wheel chair can run a F1 team.
Wayne, you have to be kidding me. What must they have thought when he was beating them soundly and regularly. If this is so, they must think Steven Hawking is an imbacille.

Good God!

joseff

Ted, it's the well-publicised reason for Honda's move from Williams to McLaren in... what was it, 1987?

RH1300S

When Honda pulled their engines from Williams way back; there was a suspicion that it was connected with FW's accident.

I don't know how much of that was our jingoistic press or how much truth.

Doesn't really matter now.

Williams have since won championships and stayed at the top of the game until only very recently.

Autosport this week covers the launch of the new car very well and some "reasons" for last years poor performance have come to light. One of which was the lack of time they had to develop the car for the Cosworth engine - which brought installation problems (in that Williams did not solve it well), which in turn created reliability issues. These problems took development time away from casing performance.

Also, it is well known that the Williams wind tunnel was giving numbers that weren't being replicated on track. That too (I understand) is now solved.

They have know about Toyota for a year now and have had full co-operation; so this years car SHOULD be where an F1 car needs to be with reliability.

Lots of other interesting bits of info. - which all point to healthy signs (here speaks a hopeful fan :wink: ).

So, back OT - if I had read that list of excuses from just about any other team I would be sceptical to say the least - but with Williams history tells us they don't waste time with BS - they just tell it how it is.

Patrick Head described last season as "terrible" - from the mouths of - shall we say - Nick Fry - you might have got "challenging" at best.

wrk

yer Ted was passed out between 1985-1994.........lol
gentlemen start your engines......

Ted68

Hey, I wasn't passed out in '87, I was watching NASCAR. Err, same thing I suppose.

Keep 'em coming, Wayne :lol: :lol: :lol: