1 question please help!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kimi_khodr_raikkonen
kimi_khodr_raikkonen

1 question please help!

Do you know when they start changing the Park into a Curicit? When are they finnished too (# of Days before)?
many thanks
kimi is the best

allan
allan

sorry man, but wth?
i didn't get the question :D

Tom

I think he means do you know which day they start turning Albert Park into the Melbourne Circuit.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ranald
Ranald

http://forums.autosport.com/showthread. ... adid=93147

Well these pictures, from the Autosport forum, were posted on the 25th of February. Most of the stands, barriers, sinage, gravel etc seems to be done at the time of capture. I would guess, not that I'm trained, that this work took atleast a week so 4 weeks work before the GP seems a fair starting point.

Note: Curbing and astroturf run-off added to final corner, shown in the last few pics of the first post. Replacing the grass with submerged sign post base that done this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d72E8fg3vsE
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

Venom
Venom

Another RUN-OFF area. I hate when they do that.

In 10 years time they will race on a football stadium or a field, just so they get loads of run-off areas for takuma and that sort.

The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Ranald
Ranald

Venom wrote:run-off areas for takuma and that sort.[/img]
...or Michael Schumacher! (see above video)
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

pompelmo
pompelmo

Venom
Venom

Ranald wrote:
Venom wrote:run-off areas for takuma and that sort.[/img]
...or Michael Schumacher! (see above video)
Yeh, I liked that one!

It wasn't straight impact but rather funny dancing and being bounced into the wall.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.