Where has Team Spirit gone?...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vyselegend

Where has Team Spirit gone?...

What happens with Briatore?

When MC posted his rant about his comments on Heikki (aussie gp topic & Renault blog), I refrained myself to intervene, because I thought, well , Flavio knows him better than me, maybe on the contrary of fisi HK is someone who up his game under pressure, or when his prideness is affected... It was a bul**hit though I reakon know.

First, Heikki's face was worrying already since the begining of unpackaging at Melbourne. He seemed tired and pressured. It's now obvious he was, and is even more now. It has also made clear now that this wasn't constructive at all, as he commited more rookie mistakes than one could have predicted.

Now, It's Giancarlo who was, according to Flavio: "already in the Hotel for the second part of the race".

Wasn't the second part of the race this part when he kept the faster Massa behind him? I admit doing nothing wonderfull, but keeping it steady until the flag without cracking under the pressure. (unlike Suzuka 2005 for instance...)

This week end GF didn't prove he was a true leader like FA, but didn't prove he wasn't either. To really know we would have to put FA in the car and see him running faster.

IMO Giancarlo has changed and is doing better job now. Look at qualy, his fast lap was fu*ked out by other cars, a situation last year's Giancarlo would have use as an excuse, ranting and playing the victim.
This time only comment was "I hit traffic on my fast lap, which was a shame, but that's racing..." (not an exact quote but it was really something like that). It doesn't sound like excuses to me.

Obviously his race pace was a bit slow, but HK wasn't faster in the other car, even on good laps, so I'd point my finger at the car before bashing drivers like that.

It really seems Flavio is playing the "Piquet threat" card to exess, this year it should be wrote on Renault "Pressure spirit" to reflect the new mood of the team... :evil:

ketanpaul

I completely agree, in fact I was waiting for someone to point out what the hell Flavio is doing. Heikki has been under pressure for a while and he did seem a bit tired on raceday. the more flavio says this kinda stuff, the more Heikki wilol crumble and it will be more visible in Sepang with all the blind turns. Even Fisichella has upped his game but Flavio is pprobably just making an excuse to get Piquet in the race seat next year.

West
West

Team Spirit left with Mild Seven, ironically...
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Sodder
Sodder

West wrote:Team Spirit left with Mild Seven, ironically...
fricking brilliant :lol:
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

jaho101

I think, though, that Flavio was hard on Heikki but, he also said he knows that Heikki is capable. He said "We need the real Heikki."

Personally, I'm not sure if Heikki is comfortable with making his own descisions with the team in terms of set up and what not, now in the race there is no program. He has to know what he wants, but maybe it'll come with time. I hope it does, I like Heikki more than Fisi.

pRo

Re: Where has Team Spirit gone?...

vyselegend wrote:Now, It's Giancarlo who was, according to Flavio: "already in the Hotel for the second part of the race".

Wasn't the second part of the race this part when he kept the faster Massa behind him? I admit doing nothing wonderfull, but keeping it steady until the flag without cracking under the pressure. (unlike Suzuka 2005 for instance...)
Well, Fisi made his best laptime on the first stint, 1.26,892. During the first stint his best was only 1.27,481. In the final stint he never made it under 1.28.

So yes, it seems like he was slowing down towards the end of the race, as he often did during last season as well.

If...sorry, I'm iffing again...had he kept the steady pace for the race, he might've been able to finish 4th.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Ciro Pabón

"Where has Team Spirit gone?..."

To MacLaren?

:lol:
Ciro

vyselegend

Yes better take it with humor :wink:

Fisi 2007 WDC !
8)

Scuderia_Russ

I'd go as far as to say Giancarlo Fisichella will never win another F1 race, let alone a championship.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

zenvision

Scuderia_Russ wrote:I'd go as far as to say Giancarlo Fisichella will never win another F1 race, let alone a championship.
Well, I think if he doesn't win a race, it will be more down to Renault than him. He may not been able to win the championship, but he's still one of the most capable drivers able to win races. On his day he's second to none, but sadly like Ralf and Jarno these days aren't very often but to be fair to him, his are more often than the latter ones.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Scuderia_Russ

As things stand, his career is now on the downward spiral. It's 1996 all over again for Renault. Giancarlo will be retired by the time they become competitive again. (if they ever do)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-