New F1 management game

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

New F1 management game

Hi everybody
For everybody who likes f1, Team Principal.
The game is still in a early phase, but please check this forum:
http://teamprincipal.21.forumer.com/index.php
Thanks

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

almost 70 views!
thanks for your interest
hope it continues
thanks

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

Engines

Hi everybody.
I am doing the engines database and i need to ask your opinion. I already have these "caracteristics" of the engine:
-name of the producer
-name of the engine
-cylinders
-degrees of the cylinders
-horsepower
-fuel consumption
-weight
-cubic capacity

Do you think anything important is missing? :idea:
Thanks

Sorry for my english :wink:

Tom

If you wanted to be really detailed for the engineers among us you could include the torque, but it might be hard to get hold of.

Also remember, never apologise unless someone complains and they might be bigger/stronger than you :D .
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

So, there is nothing important missing? Coz i think the torque is very advanced for now (it doesnt mean i wouldnt include it on a next version :D )
BTW thanks tom :D

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

Hi guys
I've another question for you (since you are the pros of engeneering...
:D )
Do you know what is the influence the degrees of the cylinder in the car (like the difference between a v8 90º or a v8 80º or sth like that). I know that the bigger the angle the lower the gravity center, but dont know for sure the influence in the power of the engine or in the performance of the f1 car.
Thanks
rc81_fcp

checkered

All F1 engines have

to conform to the 90 degree V8 configuration these days. In that sense you don't need to worry about such things. Renault, if I remember correctly, was the last manufacturer to experiment with wider angles. There was some initial talk about the V8's vibrations and harmonics being more challenging that the V10's, but it's been ages since I've heard anyone talking about the change having been problematic. Guess the teams got on top of it pretty swiftly.

http://www.formula1.com/insight/rulesan ... /5264.html

There has been some discussion here, too, about the subject. Maybe you can find some more yourself.

viewtopic.php?t=1189&view=next

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal