Malaysia preview

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens

Malaysia preview

Well, race number two is coming up (sounds of cheering) and there's a lot of unknowns. Can McLaren close the gap with Ferrari? Will Hamilton repeat another wonderful weekend?
My latest weather forecast says there's a good chance of lots of rain. Hmm..

jaslfc

greetings again frm malaysia. current weather here is rain every day around 4pm local time. so most prob itll be fine during racetime but im hoping for rain on sunday coz ill be going for the race and itll be cooler and not so tiring for me

it should be a closer gap if ferrari has to comply with the latest scrutineering..
im personally looking forward for hamilton and kovalainen to put in a good show and push their more senior teammates.. who knows they may also outperform. they have the edge at the moment putting in a good solid amount of laps during testing. when i went for the test on friday it was raining and later damp conditions. i can see the mclaren coping with the conditions the best that may give mclaren an upper hand if it rains..

all in all i hope itll be a great race

Vasco

latest scrutineering

Are the FIA changing their scrutineering process with respect to accusations led against ferrari?

boban-mk

McLaren will return to reality and be again forth team on the grid. Reno and BMW have much better engine and faster car.

Sawtooth-spike

boban-mk wrote:McLaren will return to reality and be again forth team on the grid. Reno and BMW have much better engine and faster car.
interesting Statement, So the fact the Mclarens have been consistantly fast through out testing, the Renault is a dog on the bridgestones and the BMW lacked race pace last race. U feel they are going to fall that far back?

I would say the Ferrari and the Mclarens will still be the class of the feild, with BMW hot on there tails with renaults some where in about 7 to 10.

Who wants to take a guess at what excuse fisi will use this week?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

GTO

Fisi: Couldn't cope with the extreme humidity/heat...had the flu or to that sort plus the car is just not good enough.

I think the Bimmers will close the gap to the Macs.
For Ferrari, this time we'll see Massa in the lead & Kimi fighting back from 10th place due to his precautionary engine change. If not Ferrari's will be 1-2.

Time for Heiki to show his real self & Honda to show some improvement & fight with the Toyos.

I'm hoping for damp conditions to add some spins & slides.
It should be a great race.

scarbs

I think Ferrari will still be the team to beat, if their noth relaible Massa will chalenge Kimi. But, I dont think they will have it as easy this weekend. McLaren will be their main challenger, with BMW better suited to the long straights of Sepang. Renault will be closer to this pair than in Australia.

Where the balance of the teams ends up will be interesting. Will Williams be able to trounce the Toyota\Honda pair. Will Super Aguri be able to qualify in the top ten again? Where will Red Bull be?

bhall

If there's rain, I'm wondering if Massa will be completely useless in the wet like he was last year.

Saribro

I'm mostly curious about Spyker's grand aero update. I'm hoping it's a visual one :).

ds.raikkonen

Kimi ll do it again....!

With the weather forecast for rain..its good news for Kimi..and not so for Alonso or Mclaren..remember Brazilian GP 2003..Kimi was in a class of his own..probably 2nd only to michael at Spa in 2002...Ferrari know their Bridgestones very well...Mclaren,Renault have switched to Bridgestones after a long time..so it ll take some time to perform with new brand of tyres....Hamilton with only 1 race exp will struggle..wet races are always scary...only the exp drivers come out of them...alive.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

PNSD

Re: Kimi ll do it again....!

ds.raikkonen wrote:With the weather forecast for rain..its good news for Kimi..and not so for Alonso or Mclaren..remember Brazilian GP 2003..Kimi was in a class of his own..probably 2nd only to michael at Spa in 2002...Ferrari know their Bridgestones very well...Mclaren,Renault have switched to Bridgestones after a long time..so it ll take some time to perform with new brand of tyres....Hamilton with only 1 race exp will struggle..wet races are always scary...only the exp drivers come out of them...alive.
Excuse me ?

Are you forgetting the most recent and best judgement, Hungary ??

Alonso and JB owned everyone, Kimi was slwoer than Pedro =/

it is not bad or good for anyone. :S

mx_tifoso

I just hope it doesnt end up a wet race, unless Massa can actually produce a good result, although he hasnt shown decent skill in past wet races,
i very much prefer it to be dry from start to finish
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ds.raikkonen

yes...Alonso was terrific in Hungary,but on superior tyres...JB got the victory coz the top runners were out of the race...even though he drove well ... starting from 15th in that one..and Raikkonen was nt slow even once in the race(P1 in qual)..no one o.t. him until he was out of the race
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

leomax

As i remember kimi was slow after first pit stop ,pedro was closing in..

ds.raikkonen

thats coz he was having problems with the engine...