Malaysia preview

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bizadfar
bizadfar

Tp wrote:Come on Waynes, you're a fellow Brit, aren't you excited at the prospect that we might have a F1 Champion?
MMUK wrote:Not anytime soon i dont think. Lewis will be under tight wraps with Mclaren. Mclaren via Ron Dennis have been involved throughout Hamilton's motorsport career, and they will be keen to see a return in their investment.

Besides if Hamilton does become the equal of Alonso in racing terms, Hamilton will be a far more attractive employee because im sure his wage packet is a fraction of Alonsos. Plus he's a sponsorships dream... young, the novelty of being the first black driver, and highly skilled... and British!
I totally agree. But from Hamilton's point of view, he wants to be World Champion and I can't see it happening with Mclaren, I bet he will receive some tempting offers from other teams. But like you said, would he leave? Hamilton seems the type of driver that would be loyal to the Mclaren team, especially after all Ron has done for him. But it's hard to say
Well remember the opportunities MS got with the Mercedes sportscar team. He never looked back. Sure he was tempted by Norbert again.