2008-No sequential gearbox?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ds.raikkonen

2008-No sequential gearbox?

why not? if they are bringing the cars to the original white knuckled basic form by outlawing TC(ABS is already outlawed), removing the sequential gearbox ll and fitting a proper stick-manual shud make it more brutal...i can remember Sir Jackie Stewart changing from 2nd to 4th on i believe turn 4or 5 at Brands Hatch.That ll put more emphasis on driving skill and track conditions.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

zac510
zac510

They have discussed this before and agree that semi-auto sequential should be kept to maintain the perception of F1 being the most technologically advanced series.

As for the rest, they don't even race at Brands Hatch anymore. This is a technical forum. We don't care for driver skill. If you only believe in 'driver skill' being the basis for a racing series, go watch Champcar or something and argue on a non-technical forum.

ds.raikkonen

it wuz just an example...there are many corners like the one at brands hatch....i dont watch champcar..never have...but one thing shud be clear is that the technical aspect of the car is related to the driving style+skill of the driver...the topic is entirely technical..the skill emphasis is just to tell its effect....technological developments can be done on a manual gear box to make it faster and more precise
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Carlos
Carlos

It's both technical and driver elements that make F1 interesting - along with debate about both :wink: Welcome to the Forum rs.raikkonen.

ds.raikkonen

its ds...and thanks for the welcome dude