hose in cockpit?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Birel99

hose in cockpit?

what is the hose leading into the cockpit before the car is set on track?
Thanks,

joseff

Have a pic?

Birel99

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/photos/200 ... 1_02.shtml

you have to individualy select the pics but it is ralf schumacher in his car waiting to go out.

Scuderia_Russ

Either an outside power source to power the dash readout or data cable to a laptop I would have thought. Don't know for sure though.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

It looks very thich for an electrical cable, I'm pretty sure thats an air hose, I saw Giancarlo holding a similar hose in quali. Its to cool the driver down while he sits in the car, they both seem to have them around their crotch though.
I noticed Lewis holding what at first appeared to be a pneumatic air gun in the pits and when the mechanic took it off him I noticed it was a little fan.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It's an air line, he just blows air over himself to cool off. It's a very easy low tech solution. Considering Ralf is the third best driver, he needs to keep his equipment cool and not damage his sperm bank. :roll:

Scuderia_Russ

I take it all back.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

bizadfar
bizadfar

Tom wrote:It looks very thich for an electrical cable, I'm pretty sure thats an air hose, I saw Giancarlo holding a similar hose in quali. Its to cool the driver down while he sits in the car, they both seem to have them around their crotch though.
I noticed Lewis holding what at first appeared to be a pneumatic air gun in the pits and when the mechanic took it off him I noticed it was a little fan.
Correct. You could see in quali when ALonso had it in his cockpit. When a mechanic took it out he used on himself a little near his shirt. You could see it being blown a bit. Definately a cooling/blowing solution.