Mclaren : stressed at Barcelona?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dedge
dedge

Mclaren : stressed at Barcelona?

Hello everybody, I've noticed some -maybe- significiants things on Lewis' race.
First, at his second stop, I've heard an alarm on his entry : does that mean he was too fast? But he has not be punished...
Second, on all in-board camera views, we can see he has lost the left mirror (just the window).

On the Fernado car : the front end of the floor was broken (on the end of the race). Maybe it happens on the first turn. Can this damage has troubled his race, and was it the reason why he was not able to follow Lewis?

(if someone find some photos of these things...)

modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Mclaren : stressed at Barcelona?

the 'alarm signal' is for ppl who are on the pitlane (and don't wanna be hit by a car :) ) - has nothing to do with speeding.

joseff

The alarm means "car in pit, save your a**es!"

wazojugs

tv reply showed that the mirror came out when going over the kerbs

tooshaggy

It seems a car will lose a mirror almost every GP
:roll:

m3_lover

They did show the replay of Fernando's deflector being broken which is near the entry of the diffuser which is crucial for generating downforce without increasing drag, as the car is optimized to work best when the car has no damage on it. Only Mclaren will know how much that damage cost in speed and time lost.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

dedge
dedge

Unfortunately, the french tv channel TF1 didn't show any replay of these incidents! Sic...
What's your channels in your countries?