kimi's worst days

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ss.vamsikrishna
ss.vamsikrishna

kimi's worst days

Kimi is having a real bad time, he is still not getting the best out of F2007 and Massa who is used to Ferrari and bridgestone is enjoying.
To add to this MS is supporting only Massa and he is always in Ferrari camp.
But i dont know y he is not showing his fighting spirit in the race through out.Hamilton always overtakes him :) But hamilton is doing a awesome job.
End of Days for Kimi i guess :cry:

manchild
manchild

Perhaps they treat him like a second driver? I mean, perhaps his car gets less attention than Massa's? Remember the difference in number of problems between Schuey's and Irvine's, Barichello's and Massa's car? Perhaps now Massa is Schuey and Kimi is Massa :wink:

modbaraban
modbaraban

Why then pay such a ton of cash to a second driver while they could hire... say Trulli (who always dreamed about Ferrari) or anyone else who can perform well as a 2nd ddriver?

ds.raikkonen

modbaraban wrote:Why then pay such a ton of cash to a second driver while they could hire... say Trulli (who always dreamed about Ferrari) or anyone else who can perform well as a 2nd ddriver?
Kimi performed well in qual considering his fuel load...its those ruddy car failures..
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

jaslfc
jaslfc

maybe it is down to how agressive he drives.. knocking the cars on the curbs?? highly doubt it for electrical failure but who knows

ds.raikkonen

i remember posting the same thing when i joined this forum..about his driving style, but everybody started jumping on my head whether i have the telemetry for this and that...so you betta be careful mate :wink:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

RH1300S
RH1300S

Interesting question..........the thought crossed my mind too.

I think it may be no coincidence that Kimi has more than his "fair" share of failures - two contributors

#1 - Quite possibly (probable if you believe all you read ;)) - he is hard on his equipment

#2 - I think that the way a driver is has a tiny (unconscious) effect on his mechanics and engineers. If a driver is always there, always giving his best - then the mechanics will always be that tiny bit more careful. Conversley if a driver sends out the signal he is "just there to drive" - that little edge may be missing in car preparation.

Not for a second do I think it would be deliberate, or even that the mechanics would be aware (both sides of the garage will work equally hard) - just on one side a little bit of magic may happen.

On such differences a championship can be won & lost. Look at McLaren now compared to last season - two totally different drivers.............

Of course - if Kimi starts rocking in that car people will love him and the momentum will get behind him

D
D

As far as driving style, I don't see how RAI is any harder than the other drivers in terms of knocking it about and stuff. I'd always got the impression that he was relatively smooth with it.

But personally, I agree with RH1300S's 2nd point. It's the little things that count. Let's face it, whether RAI likes to admit it or not... that all important people connection is vital in a 'team sport' like F1 and I think this is the area that MAS is killing him in and perhaps the one factor that limits RAI's driving talent.

I always thought that MSC's biggest asset as a driver wasn't his speed (although he was bloody quick) but rather his ability to get everyone on the same page and commit to winning.

MAS seems to have learnt the importance of that, and RAI certainly will not. Shame too, because I like the guy.
Thank you for reading.

modbaraban
modbaraban

D wrote:As far as driving style, I don't see how RAI is any harder than the other drivers in terms of knocking it about and stuff. I'd always got the impression that he was relatively smooth with it.
Yeah. He is. He is very agressive but he doesn't do nearly as much corrections as Alonso for instance. Alonso is very hard on the wheel, while Kimi just "puts" the car on the line and floors it! Massa were always agressive and kinda careless (if that's the right word) with his car.

so I just don't get it... :( Ferrari seemed almost unbreakable when MS was there... with some exceptions.

Still most experts think that Kimi is to leave Massa in the dust...

RH1300S
RH1300S

D wrote:MAS seems to have learnt the importance of that, and RAI certainly will not. Shame too, because I like the guy.
I'm with you there - you probably guessed.

You can't help but love Massa - look at how he reacts when he does well - he's bouncing off the walls. The team probably love him too - that'll go a long way :D

modbaraban
modbaraban

yeah... he's like a pet or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ciro Pabón

Mr. Massa has kicked Mr. Raikonnen's back loudly, amply and widely. Excuses won't take Mr. Raikonnen's appreciated fans very far.

Simple: latin racers rule now. Carpe diem! I dare to say more: statistical blips aside, like Mr. Schumacher or Mr. Lauda, :) the F1 world has been a row of latin stars. Moreover, if things continue this way AND there is justice in this world, :) Alonso failing, Felipe Massa well could be next champion of the world.

Chévere!
Ciro

manchild
manchild

Ciro, I thought that Alonso was closer to your heart than Massa. After all, Massa has Italian ethnic background just like Barrichello :wink:

bhall
bhall

I've been thinking the same thing as RH. Kimi's style and personality are seemingly totally different than Schu's, and perhaps the team isn't responding well with him and vice versa.

Case in point: where's Kimi?

D
D

bhallg2k, I don't know if you got this in the US but over here in the UK, ITV showed Raikkonen leaving the circuit with his manager around the time for the first round of pitstops. So yeah, he's just too damn cool for school. My question is, where's Michelle Yeoh? Ha~

Ciro, sorry to interrupt your Latin celebration but aren't you forgetting that new guy (from Hertfordshire - woohoo!) named L. Hamilton, who only happen to be LEADING THE WDC.

Muhahahaha~ :P
Thank you for reading.