kimi's worst days

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

bhallg2k wrote:Case in point: where's Kimi?
He was having a *hit :lol:

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hehe, such a classic :) I notice Button nearly tried the same trick on MB's grid walk lol,

Onto where Kimi went, he went home! something about a 40min drive to his private jet!
MMIAFN

Ciro Pabón

D wrote:bhallg2k, I don't know if you got this in the US but over here in the UK, ITV showed Raikkonen leaving the circuit with his manager around the time for the first round of pitstops. So yeah, he's just too damn cool for school. My question is, where's Michelle Yeoh? Ha~

Ciro, sorry to interrupt your Latin celebration but aren't you forgetting that new guy (from Hertfordshire - woohoo!) named L. Hamilton, who only happen to be LEADING THE WDC.

Muhahahaha~ :P
You don't interrupt it. I was sorry for the people from London-shire, so I dare not to mention this:

Last time I checked, Mr. Hamilton was perhaps the most latin, non-brazilian driver in the grid. He was born (by an ironic mistake, if you ask me :wink: ) in UK, but he is definitely a caribbean person, specifically from Trinidad and Tobago. He is a tad dark to represent the prototypical Button-ish englishman, in case you haven't noticed. These kind of driving genes only develop when you dance a little reggae, some samba or follow a steel-band! :) I "blame it" on the "little things" that D, RH1300S or bhallg2k mention.

I have the quaint notion that science is good for building cars, but to drive them, self confidence and precission are not enough: you need a little magic, a little exuberance of feelings. I believe you have to enjoy driving in a way that most latinos are unable to figure out how Kimi gets. He always seems p*ssed off to my "untrained eye", even after winning; he does not seem to be precisely "bouncing off walls". As a minimum, that's boring, man. I'm not the first one (starting by several important people at Ferrari) to suggest Mr. Raikonnen to "loose himself" a bit.

Manchild, in name of heaven: who could colombian fans root for before JPM? Argentinian or brazilian drivers. BTW, half of argentinian F1 drivers have italian surnames. Bonomi, Bucci, Daponte, De Tomaso, Estéfano, Fangio, Fontana, Mazzacane... ring any bells? :)

Yours truly,

Siro Pavone :lol:
Ciro

D
D

Touché, Mr Pabón.

But you do realise that Hamilton is mixed-race? Maybe that's where his cool, mistakes-free approach comes from as oppose to that guy who quit F1 to go to race Nascar who was a 100% Latino.

He had so much 'exuberance of feelings' with that steering wheel he spun the car at the Australian GP parade lap last year let's not forget... :P

Sorry, cheap shot... I know.

But a bullseye nonetheless. :mrgreen:
Thank you for reading.

modbaraban
modbaraban

btw, about... do I have to say mr. Montoya ? Anyway: viewtopic.php?p=52294#52294

Ignis Fatuus
Ignis Fatuus

D wrote:Touché, Mr Pabón.

But you do realise that Hamilton is mixed-race? Maybe that's where his cool, mistakes-free approach comes from as oppose to that guy who quit F1 to go to race Nascar who was a 100% Latino.

He had so much 'exuberance of feelings' with that steering wheel he spun the car at the Australian GP parade lap last year let's not forget... :P

Sorry, cheap shot... I know.

But a bullseye nonetheless. :mrgreen:
It must be the samba. :wink:

He spun the car three times that day, yet he was up front until he overdid it when trying to get back places he lost when the team decided to change a nosecone on Raikkonen's car. He saved it, the car didn't survive (it probably didn't like Latin rhytms too much).
It would probably be a second place finish for Montoya.

Ciro, I apologize for getting into your conversation. I am hopeless. :lol:
“It’s frustrating, but we had the pace. It wasn’t bad luck. It was a reflection of our intensity of development.” - Ron Dennis

vyselegend

Ciro Pabón wrote: These kind of driving genes only develop when you dance a little reggae, some samba or follow a steel-band!
I'm sorry, but I think it has nothing to do with genes and ethnics, it's all about feeling and personality.

I read an article about Gilles Villeneuve in which he described feeling and driving the car "with his ass". He was quite an emotionnal driver while on track, sometimes exuberant in the car, yet when he did wear his helmet off, he had nothing to do with south american type or latin genes...

I think driving is a very particular capacity, and doesn't draw much parallels between one's driving style and his personnality. When driving in a formula one race, heart can beat very fast, the brain is very active, etc.. I mean, you're no longer your old yourself. An exuberant character can focus and become very methodic, while a pragmatic mind can be perverted by anger, desire to win, or fear and so driving in an emotional way.

Just my point. I think you have a tendancy to caricature peoples (I know you're joking most of time, but still...) You want latin people to be like latin people are supposed to be, finish people to be cold like they're supposed to be, etc... You seems very smart so I'm surprised you like those stereotyps. I know some very different individuals here in France, from the coldest to the hottest type of mind, I haven't found such thing as a "french behavior" in 30 years living here. (No, I am not riding a bicycle down the champs-élysées, wearing a beret and holding a "baguette" of bread under my shoulder, with an accordeonish background... :lol: sorry if I deceived you :wink: )

Sawtooth-spike

vyselegend wrote:
Ciro Pabón wrote: These kind of driving genes only develop when you dance a little reggae, some samba or follow a steel-band!
I'm sorry, but I think it has nothing to do with genes and ethnics, it's all about feeling and personality.

I read an article about Gilles Villeneuve in which he described feeling and driving the car "with his ass". He was quite an emotionnal driver while on track, sometimes exuberant in the car, yet when he did wear his helmet off, he had nothing to do with south american type or latin genes...

I think driving is a very particular capacity, and doesn't draw much parallels between one's driving style and his personnality. When driving in a formula one race, heart can beat very fast, the brain is very active, etc.. I mean, you're no longer your old yourself. An exuberant character can focus and become very methodic, while a pragmatic mind can be perverted by anger, desire to win, or fear and so driving in an emotional way.

Just my point. I think you have a tendancy to caricature peoples (I know you're joking most of time, but still...) You want latin people to be like latin people are supposed to be, finish people to be cold like they're supposed to be, etc... You seems very smart so I'm surprised you like those stereotyps. I know some very different individuals here in France, from the coldest to the hottest type of mind, I haven't found such thing as a "french behavior" in 30 years living here. (No, I am not riding a bicycle down the champs-élysées, wearing a beret and holding a "baguette" of bread under my shoulder, with an accordeonish background... :lol: sorry if I deceived you :wink: )
What about the string of garlic? Can u imagin a the world if all stereotypes where true.

I would be sitting in the Rain, having a cup of tea in a Suit. With a bowler hat on. Ok 3 out of them are true.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

RH1300S
RH1300S

Sawtooth-spike wrote:I would be sitting in the Rain, having a cup of tea in a Suit. With a bowler hat on. Ok 3 out of them are true.
Absolutely - old bean.........no point drinking tea in the rain; ruins the flavour..........

Tom

no no no sir, you shelter your tea with your bowler hat.

on which note; am off back tay ma cottage on ther moors to eat ma haggis an coont ma silver.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Sawtooth-spike

Tom arnt you Ginger, In a Kilt with a white vest running around with a claymore?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Tom

Aye Image
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Even Nicholas Todt managed to take part in the victory celebrations and team fotos. Definately not a good sign from KR to take off right at the end of the race, and not have a talk with his team. It's dissapointing because it surely doesnt help Ferrari if the team is not united, though it seems no one misses KR with MS there. :?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Gee .. maybe his car just broke?????

You guys are reading too much into all this.

manchild
manchild

What if Kimi left Ferrari for good? :shock: