When Will The British F1 Media Explode????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

](*,) I feel stupid now, of course I meant site, not sight.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

waynes
waynes

Spyker MF1

A Bafta for having an orgasm over a driver winning :roll:
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

checkered

Well, talking about

Brit media and how things are portrayed ... here's none other than Stirling Moss giving a few opinions about Hamilton, Button, Coulthard and Davidson in 2007(or "Hammer", "Jense", "DC" and "Ant" if you will). The interview starts with other stuff, the part about F1 only comes after a couple of minutes, so bear with him. Some of it contrasts with what's being said, some actually doesn't ... :P I'm not saying anything, just hear the man out.

Tp
Tp

I understand what you mean but It's not all bad, like, I know quite few of my mates from college have started taking an interest in F1 now we have driver with the potential for success (but from also the media hyping the situation up) and the coverage of F1, especially in the newspapers has improved massively (apparently up to 70% over the last year). Which is great.

It's not just our media though, the Germans (for Schumacher) and the Spanish (for Alonso) went through a similar faze.

Tom

I don't get it, why has no one mentioned Paul di Resta?
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

waynes
waynes

take note F1 Racing

"Lewis, Already The Best???" on your front cover is by far and away the silliest single thing ive seen for a long time

looked such a good edition too

cant wait for the British GP previews :shock:

Scuderia_Russ

The lad has had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the sport and is an English driver in an English car with a genuine chance of becoming World Champion in his debut year. That's something to get excited about IMO. His fantastic results are not only good for the sport (seeing a new face at the front of the pack giving well established drivers something to think about) but it ilso good news for the sport in this country with ticket sales for Silverstone doing very well. So stop moaning.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

Hehe, its not just me then.

I'm in 2 minds whether to sign it because I don't want to deprive a man of his job, but then again he isn't very good at it.

wazojugs

i have just signed

Tp
Tp

If it was just a petition to stop the bias towards Lewis, then I would sign it, but a petition to force James Allen from commentating, that’s a bit unfair. There are far worse commentators out there and I feel him and Martin work quite well together.

Remember ITV wants to capatalise on Hamilton's success, through getting as many new viewers who will be interested in a potential world champion and to do this they need to hype the situation a bit, by giving Hamilton as much coverage as possible.

ds.raikkonen

ive signed too...it ll be a relief if they stop it! even Slater was jacking off all over the microphone when LH & Alonso were lapping others...im sick of it.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Scuderia_Russ

ds.raikkonen wrote:ive signed too...it ll be a relief if they stop it! even Slater was jacking off all over the microphone when LH & Alonso were lapping others...im sick of it.
Who the hell's Slater?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

leomax
leomax

^ He's a Star sports F1 commentator.

This is getting ridiculous.

ds.raikkonen

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Who the hell's Slater?
Steve Slater & Chris Goodwin commentate the races on Star Sports, theyre pretty good, but sometimes become irritating like in monaco
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC