If rules were not change in 05 ???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
siskue2005

IMO the loss of FA to Renault has nothing to do with their current woes.!
If it was same tyres for this season, Renault would have been there up with Ferrari!
And did Ferrari loose out coz MS left them?
Nope coz its the same tyres for them this year....If it was other way round, we would have seen Ferrari loos out big time!

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I've been closely following motor racing ever since 1960, and this is one theme that always repeats itself. No one stays on top forever, everyone suffers peaks and valleys in this wonderful but cruel sport.
This is just what we witnessed, how one team stumbled while others learned from their mistakes and improved.

ds.raikkonen

mcdenife wrote:Make up your mind it simple, Either losing Alonso is the root of their problems (why they are not in the top 3/4) or its not. Saying "I meant they are nt as good as FA..thats all" is a cop out and just going with the sound-bites or with tha flow. F1 ain't that simple.
ive already made up my mind, and have told you exactly that, dont need to explain it twice. Im no expert here, it wuz what i thought...and yes 'F1 aint that simple'
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

bizadfar
bizadfar

siskue2005 wrote:I personally think, if it was not that Massive New Tyre Rule, Ferrari and B'stones would have taken it.....They where soooo strong at 2004 , Almost 1 sec faster than everyone else...And Mclaren would have been close to them!
This so called Alonso wouldnot have won anything :roll:
agree too. Even though at the time I was a huge Mclaren/Raikkonen fan. Just take a look at the fastest laps, so many from MS. Shame he had to nurture and run "soft" on those tyres.
ds.raikkonen wrote:Of course theyre suffering.. a lot at that!..even their engine customer Red Bull was nt happy, when DC's engine blew up in Bahrain, Renault engines are very reliable otherwise as seen in the past few years. The loss of Alonso has hit them hard I believe...although Heikki is very quick, he cant get the max out of the racer...like in Australian GP, he made at least 7-8 mistakes, spinning 360 at Jones chicane and giving that spot to Massa
Engine? Halfshaft caught fire.
Symonds has done some calculations and estimates (statistically) Alonso could get about .3 more (compared to fisi) out of the R27. But I believe we seeing a changed Fisi this year though - more hungry.