Alonso pulls an "ALONSO"!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 am

F1 Observer wrote:Woohoo!Spicy stuff! Alonso says it's great that Hamilton runs into trouble to catch him,especially in front of his homecrowd and losing out after starting from pole!


I saw that... I find it hard to believe that an intelligent person like Alonso would make a call like that. Surely he's been quoted out of context or mis-translated?

(Not to mention Ron Dennis said only weeks ago that Alonso and Hamilton had agreed not to talk about each other to media)

Rob W
Rob W
 
Joined: 18 Aug 2006

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:40 am

I'm not sure if I saw that exact interview, but I saw one. He basically said that it was good for him, that he could beat Hamilton. Of course it's easy to twist his words a bit and make it seem like he was happy to see Hamilton didn't win. When all he was saying was that he was happy to get more points than Hamilton.

What else should he say? "I'm 2nd on the points and I really hoped Hamilton would've won and increased the gap". Some ppl. :roll:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you
pRo
 
Joined: 29 May 2006

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Although pRo might be right, I got the impression that Alonso relished the sensation of watching Hamilton struggle, especially in front of his homecrowd.

One thing is to say that one is happy to finish ahead of your main championship rival...The other is to say that he enjoys seeing him in trouble at home!

This reminds me of Mansell winning the French GP of 1991 in the face of Alain Prost.Mansell accused Alain of being the main reason for him to leave Ferrari and that he couldn't imagine what Prost had been thinking when he (Nigel) got past him to win the race.

Or Alan Jones winning in Argentina, Reutemann's feud, in 1980!
F1 Observer
 
Joined: 7 Feb 2007
Location: Lisbon,Portugal

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:41 pm

Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?
FLC
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2006

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:15 pm

i know i saw that too.... That was a foolish thing to do from both actually!
allan
 
Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Location: Waterloo, Canada

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:41 pm

FLC wrote:Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?


coming up to the last chicane, alonso took to the escape road, passed massa, slowed down let him back through, then passed him into the first corner

bit of machismo going on i think
waynes
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2006
Location: Manchester

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:05 pm

waynes wrote:
FLC wrote:Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?


coming up to the last chicane, alonso took to the escape road, passed massa, slowed down let him back through, then passed him into the first corner

bit of machismo going on i think

see that's the problem.. Alonso did pass Massa by crossing the chicane, and this is a practice session, therefore there is no need to let him pass again. What i saw is that Alonso tried to brake test Massa, but the later passed him instead. However, all that happened because Massa madee a move or two on Alonso in the back straight.
allan
 
Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Location: Waterloo, Canada

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:23 pm

allan wrote:
waynes wrote:
FLC wrote:Didn't he pull another one at the Nurburgring? Something with Massa? Anybody has any footage of the incident?


coming up to the last chicane, alonso took to the escape road, passed massa, slowed down let him back through, then passed him into the first corner

bit of machismo going on i think

see that's the problem.. Alonso did pass Massa by crossing the chicane, and this is a practice session, therefore there is no need to let him pass again. What i saw is that Alonso tried to brake test Massa, but the later passed him instead. However, all that happened because Massa madee a move or two on Alonso in the back straight.

Massa didnot make any move in the back straight!
Massa was just driving a bit slower than Alonso.......Alonso got furious coz he couldnot pass massa or he might ha ruined alonso's lap

But Alonso is to blame here , why would he be furious......its just practice session :?
siskue2005
 
Joined: 11 May 2007

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:36 pm

siskue2005 wrote:why would he be furious
He is Alonso, titwank of the grid, that's why.
Saribro
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2006

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:13 pm

There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhBcdNkvO4

I think MS's reaction at the end sums it all up. :roll:
FLC
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2006

Post Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 pm

FLC wrote:There you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQhBcdNkvO4

I think MS's reaction at the end sums it all up. :roll:

I'm kinda frightened to think what he gonna 'pull out' "when everything's at stake" at the end of the championship that's running away from him... :?

Jerez '97 Anyone?
modbaraban
 
Joined: 5 Apr 2007
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:03 am

It looks like massa slowed up quite a bit before that chicane, and Alonso gave the favour back.
jaho101
 
Joined: 16 Oct 2006

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:25 am

Massa was pushing hard in the last corner....coz, see Massa went wide in that corner......Alonso was toooo hot into the chicane!.....thats why he had to take the escape route :roll:
siskue2005
 
Joined: 11 May 2007

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:07 am

He took the cut deliberately so he could be asanine.
Saribro
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2006

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Well, he doesn't look so "evil-minded" in this advertisement, does he? I think it's pretty funny.

The link is from Gazzetta.it Mediacentre so if it doesn't work just go there and find it directly.

http://mediacenter.gazzetta.it/MediaCenter/action/player?uuid=a57dc8bc-3774-11dc-938e-0003ba99c667
jddh1
 
Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Location: New York City

PreviousNext

Return to General chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot], Mandrake, xDama and 10 guests