The US Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

nudge wrote:...just who was he supposed to be gesturing to?
"...oh lord, I'm out of this slipstream so that you could hear me...
Please, I beg you, please deprive me of that brown boy in front of me! I repeat... " etc. :lol:

allan
allan

Lurch wrote:
allan wrote:Alonso did wave his hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jLZrouKXc
NO COMMENT :?
Someone suggested he was tearing off a ripoff off his visor..can't make it out but i do see something flapping away...not sure though...

seems like it's a not particuarly angry wave though if that what it was meant to be :?
Oh common, give me a break.. who in the world would believe such a lie?
look at his right hand (the one he waved), it's nowhere near his helmet

manchild
manchild

nudge wrote:some of the criticism of alonso is just ridiculous imo. i didnt see him do anything wrong. i think whitmarsh hit the nail on the head and it was alonso just trying to get in lewis's mirrors...nothing wrong with that.
as to the gesture, it occures to me that there isnt even anyone on the pit wall at indy...just who was he supposed to be gesturing to?
For years now F1 race is held in Indy X 20 or more cars per race X tens of laps per race and only one driver in one race changes willingly trajectory on place where no one does it on purpose, goes at least 10 meters off the racing line on the dirtiest part of the track, completely kills his lap time with that maneuver and waves his fist.

Accident? No.

He was waving his fist to the team, to the spectators and to the cameras. It all fits to what he said before complaining how team favors Hamilton because he is British. If both of them would continue driving as they've done so far Alonso has no chance to win title unless Hamilton faces problems with car or makes mistakes and Alonso knows that and that is why he's starting to panic. He is 2 times in a row WDC and a rookie is beating him in identical car. That hurts his pride for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing Alonso leaving Mclaren at the end of the season as well as Kimi leaving Ferrari - both of them ending up in Red Bull or perhaps even Toyota.

siskue2005

this guy has ego ....bigger than i thought...lol :lol:

Venom
Venom

manchild wrote:I wouldn't be surprised seeing Alonso leaving Mclaren at the end of the season as well as Kimi leaving Ferrari - both of them ending up in Red Bull or perhaps even Toyota.
Maybe Alonso back to renault :shock:
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Spencifer_Murphy

The hand wave thing is strange...it doesn't really gesture much. I mean...there was no clenching of his fist...no *ahem* use of carfully selected fingers... it looked like he was tearing a tear off strip from an invisible helmet in front of him lol. It's obviously a gesture to the team, but it was so slow, and unagressive (the swerve was aggressive but not the movement of the hand) I can't imagine it meant much more than "He's holding me up, let me pass him"

Its all a bit confusing I think.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Spencifer_Murphy

EDIT: Ooops sorry, clicked submit twice by accident! :oops:

siskue2005

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:The hand wave thing is strange...it doesn't really gesture much. I mean...there was no clenching of his fist...no *ahem* use of carfully selected fingers... it looked like he was tearing a tear off strip from an invisible helmet in front of him lol. It's obviously a gesture to the team, but it was so slow, and unagressive (the swerve was aggressive but not the movement of the hand) I can't imagine it meant much more than "He's holding me up, let me pass him"

Its all a bit confusing I think.
i think , thats because the replay is in Slow Motion :?: :idea:

He could have told the team by radio?
Why would he do that ?

Its just to show everyone that, Mclaren favors Lewis

But Alonso forgot that this is Mclaren....not the Slow teammate he had in Renault......and the WDC situation is other way round!! :D

Spencifer_Murphy

Yeh I thought about the slow mo thing, but the vid didn't look like it was in slow motion, what I mean is that the surrounding scenery passed by at (what appeared at least) normal speed.

Also interesting is that Alonso & Hamilton have made an agreement not to talk about eachother to the media unless both are present. The idea being that the Spanish & British media will try to put spin on comments made by thier two motorsport darlings. This could mean that for example FA could read sumithing in the papers that LH said which has been taken out of context or vice versa.

pRo

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:Also interesting is that Alonso & Hamilton have made an agreement not to talk about eachother to the media unless both are present.
Apparently Hamilton has made that agreement. Alonso already said that he hasn't made such an agreement and will talk about Lewis in the future as well.

And just to prove his point, he said that Hamilton has been very lucky so far. He mentions Lewis hitting a wall in Monaco without any damage and pitting just before the SC in Canada.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Scuderia_Russ

I think Alonso is just frustrated because he's getting a whipping. (saying that, barely a race goes by when he isn't shaking his fist out of the cockpit! :roll: ) I don't think the team favours the rookie over the two time W.D.C. the team will naturally gravitate to the driver that can get them the better results. It's natural. This isn't because Hamilton is English it's because he is the better driver IMO. (Yes you read that right)
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-