Speed TV Coverage

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Speed TV Coverage

For whatever contractual reason, Speed TV's coverage is running on FOX. They usually replay the qualifying before the race, but instead, I am watching an informercial for BioSlim on FOX.

NICE JOB BOYS.

Sorry, Rant, but you guys can relate if you dont have Sat or DigCable.

Militia Est Vita

It gets even worst in Mexico, it doesnt matter if you have SAT TV because all F1 coverage has been blacked out on SPEED. FOX Latin America has the contract to all races and the coverage sucks big time. No practice sessions, no post press conference, and if we get unlucky with a long race (pace cars) we can even forget about watching the podium :(

Steven
Owner

Well IMO Speed is not as bad as some people seem to think. I haven't seen it before (except for a downloaded GP of some time ago), but hearing you guys complain about not having quali replayed before the race, not seeing podium etc is very common here. I can follow Walloon TV here so at least I have qualis and races live, most of the times with a podium.

On the other hand, Flemish TV doesn't even show all qualiyings (like 6 in a year), the races that are not at 2:00 local time are not broadcast live and there is no preview whatsoever.

And apart from that, from all available channels here, not even a single one broadcast even 5 minutes of Le Mans.

NickT

Hi Guys,

Yes, I am still around :shock: Just have very little time at the moment, a house full of DIY and a baby that's due very shortly :? just hope its a quick pit stop for my wife :shock:

I have been doing a lot of business travelling :evil: and missed the last 3 GPs :evil: so apart from some of the RSS feeds and BBC 5 Live does anyone know where I can get coverage on the internet :?: I'd even pay for it if it comes with live pictures and a good commentary :shock:

Cheers
NickT

warmandog

Speed TV Coverage

Hi All to be honest. even i live in third world country..we have a good tv and satellite technology. as we receive the most of transmitions " Live" we can MLB, NBA, NFL, Nascar, Champ car, Formula1 , Indycar..and so on.
from my point of view.. Fox sports latine..is the best.. they have a good group of analistics with " Tano fazzini, adrian Puente, fernando tornelo and others" they did show full qualy, and at each grand prix day, they do the pre-f1 show, in this pre-show they show the best moments from qualy and give a good info about what to spect from the real race.
Speed sucks big time, they only have those EE.UU mostorsports as flagship, localy we're also receiving the brasilian signal..and imagine seeing a race and not undertanding what the comentators says.. is pathetic.

regards
Alex C.
Dominican Republic
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

Militia Est Vita

I wish there was an F1 channel, 24-7 :cry:

Fridge13
Fridge13

I think the F1 ITV for the win. most definitely the best coverage and comentry. i have watched the speed tv broadcasts, they are not flash at all. at least with ITV, you Martin and co who know their stuff.

whiplash

Fridge13 wrote:I think the F1 ITV for the win. most definitely the best coverage and comentry. i have watched the speed tv broadcasts, they are not flash at all. at least with ITV, you Martin and co who know their stuff.
I like the commentary on speed they aint biased are you James Allen

geoclassic
geoclassic

Hi All,

I believe Speed had to do 4 races on broadcast, non-cable, tv for F1. The coverage on Fox is better then the other channnels the last few years. Both Canada and U.S. races were live, while the next 2 will be taped delayed. Speed will show live coverage of Friday's second practice and qualifying. Also, Speed did show 17+ hours live from LeMans.

Tom

ITV is damn good, and they love their F1, James isn't so bad, but he does get annoying.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

NickT

Yes I have to agree ITV's F1 coverage is good, but can anyone help me with my original question :?:
NickT wrote: I have been doing a lot of business travelling :evil: and missed the last 3 GPs :evil: so apart from some of the RSS feeds and BBC 5 Live does anyone know where I can get coverage on the internet :?: I'd even pay for it if it comes with live pictures and a good commentary :shock:
NickT

jddh1

geoclassic wrote:Hi All,

I believe Speed had to do 4 races on broadcast, non-cable, tv for F1. The coverage on Fox is better then the other channnels the last few years. Both Canada and U.S. races were live, while the next 2 will be taped delayed. Speed will show live coverage of Friday's second practice and qualifying. Also, Speed did show 17+ hours live from LeMans.
I will have to disagree with you there.
I go to University of Michigan now, and here, FOX Detroit decided to show the race 3 1/2 hours after it started. Why you might ask? Well, the Detroit Tigers were on TV. Now, I could understand if it was another state in the US, but Michigan? Most US F1 fans live in Michigan. They know more about the sport than in NYC, where I'm from. And to blackout these fans is simply ridiculous.
FOX Detroit sucks! My dad was able to watch the race on FOX in NY and I was furious.
And also, get this, the Detroit Tigers baseball game was rain delayed last week, during the USGP, and guess what FOX Detroit does -- It starts airing CD infomercials. That drove me absolutely insane!

jddh1

NickT wrote:Yes I have to agree ITV's F1 coverage is good, but can anyone help me with my original question :?:
NickT wrote: I have been doing a lot of business travelling :evil: and missed the last 3 GPs :evil: so apart from some of the RSS feeds and BBC 5 Live does anyone know where I can get coverage on the internet :?: I'd even pay for it if it comes with live pictures and a good commentary :shock:
I'd recommend downloading a software called SopCast. Then you can watch the race on any Chinese channel. The quality is decent and the signal comes with a few seconds delay from the actual live coverage, but it's alright if you can't watch the race.
If you read my previous post right above here, you'll know that I have run this program a few times. It was worth it, rather than waiting for the tape-delayed race.
Oh yeah, the commentary is in Chinese, but they keep the volume low, so you can hear the engines. I hope it works for you.

Militia Est Vita

I know Speedtv.com SOMETIMES has an online broadcast, expensive though, around 12 bucks and I think it is limited to a few races wich I dont know exactly which ones are.

http://gms.speedtv.com/
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.