F1 Testing at Silverstone (19-20-21/06)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
checkered

:roll:

Yawn, if I got a nickel every time someone did the "Ronspeak" number on me ... I'd be about ten cents richer now!

:lol:

PNSD
PNSD

Sawtooth-spike wrote:what happend to honda? i thought they were testing all there new parts this week?
Indeed they have, behind closed doors though... At Jerez, along side Aguri.

m3_lover

I think only SA are showing there fastest times...I am surprised no secret internet photos have popped up like those of the Renault R27 before it was offically introduced.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

maybe it did make it out of the garage? :twisted:
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

PNSD
PNSD

Sawtooth-spike wrote:maybe it did make it out of the garage? :twisted:
Lol well the first day the car only did a few laps for mech shakedown, the 2nd day when JB was supposed to run , he was unable due to back problems, and so Klien ran agai, racking only 68laps i think.

But JB was fit enough for the final day and lapped 120 odd times :)

I wonder why it was JB testing the new mech and aero parts, I thought it would be logical to give Klien the first day, Jb the 2nd or 3rd, then RB the day JB doesnt do... That way, they have both race drivers thoughts and comments... And if RB is as technical minded as thought it would ahve been a good idea.

But I think the updates are more for JB than RB as he seems to be the one struggling more so with the car. However his afterwards his words were very cautious...

manchild
manchild

Perhaps Honda will PAY SA to give them back their RA106. They might have been replacing bodywork stickers in the garage. Here comes RA106 with Google earth! :lol:

modbaraban
modbaraban

manchild wrote:Perhaps Honda will PAY SA to give them back their RA106. They might have been replacing bodywork stickers in the garage. Here comes RA106 with Google earth! :lol:
lmao

that explains everything...

MrT
MrT

Closed doors test for the Frycar Mclaren Clone me thinks as I mentioned a while back I thought it was debuting in Canada but obviously delayed.

MrT

PNSD
PNSD

MrT wrote:Closed doors test for the Frycar Mclaren Clone me thinks as I mentioned a while back I thought it was debuting in Canada but obviously delayed.

MrT
Lol, frycar mclaren clone :p

nicely put and explains alot about this whole honda thing lol.

m3_lover

Down at Jerez, the two Honda teams were in action with Jenson Button setting a 1m19.621s on the final day of the test to secure the fastest lap for the factory team, which was trying out some heavily revised suspension parts and aerodynamic solutions which it is hoped will move the team up the grid.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

C/\D

Can someone explain that stuff for me, is it from Silverstone tests or before that? Also i think its a very good design from mclaren, but i wish i had the CFD graphs.. :P
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

C/\D

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

fraggle

just got back today..

the camera i used was a 350d.. and as i've got silverstone racing club membership I was allowed over to do the pitlane walk at lunch and then stayed in the paddock in the afternoon.

I've still got loads of shots to load in from day 1 of testing. I've also got all my shots from day 3 of testing to load in (including more drivers.. and a certain wdc..) ...

and then all 3 days that i managed to get from one very wet goodwood festival of speed. I'll put them up this week.. only got 4 days to achieve this in before the big one... BGP :D

waynes
waynes

that mclaren looks proper smart with the white on black vodafone

:)

fraggle

http://www.flickr.com/photos/renault_fr ... 607053779/ day 3 of testing is up.... including this one.. Image