the New F1 Site

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Militia Est Vita

I didn't like the old one but it did have a more professional look. I like this one, though as many of you said previously, the fast and furious desing from the website and the posters as well is kind of messy for F1.

IMO this web site would look great with a concept like the 2006 season, the whole technical neon-glowed renders from the posters. I think that design was elegant and cool and that's what F1 and the website should look like that.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

salilp
salilp

Colour scheme is almost like nascar site.

jddh1

I just visited that site yesterday afternoon and it was the old one. Now it's different. WOW

Well, to be completely honest with you, I really loved the formula1.com site before it was bought by the FIA. Back then, it was really easy to navigate, the live timing/text coverage was really great as well. It wasn't the prettiest, but I tell you, wasn't it effective!

Now, since the FIA has bought it, you have to spend some time navigating to find things. In fact, a lot of things are just not there compared to 4 years ago. The only good things are the Technical Updates and Live Timing during GPs. It's perfect even when you watch the race, cause you can follow everybody with a glance over at the laptop screen.

rjsa
rjsa

Overdid in size, IMO. Full screen at 1280X1024, fonts too big for me. But seems a bit shallower on clicks, what's good.

Let's just hope we get sticky purple sectors/lap time (with driver) on the live timing applet. Just like the goodold on track tvs I remember.

ketanpaul

Looks like a total Fansite to me..........I think they have copied the design from wheel2wheel.com The colour scheme also looks odd............surely, bernie can do better than this :lol: :lol:

pompelmo
pompelmo

wtf ](*,)

Ogami musashi
Ogami musashi

Hello,

I don't like the layout at all, i found the older one better, but the content is better i think, livetiming is quite good and technical updates too, i also like the circuits diagrams with the Speeds and Gforces.
Talking about it, i think the database as been updated cause the Gforces are quite increased over the previous site's features.

Now you have at least 3 circuits with 5Gs corners, and many scary turn like i think on turn in interlagos at 3,8G at 90km/h!

The speeds are now in accordance with the V8 engines.

One thing i don't understand, why it isn't possible to have a feature like the champ car's race director?
Countless times i wanted to kill the realisator for not showing more than 30 seconds with telemetry or more inboard footage!

If champ car can do it, i think FOM as largely enough ressources to make it aviable too!

It costs 30 euros per year with champ car, so i assume a 60 euros would be okay for F1 (yes you know this is F1, so even if it is not justified, everything coming from F1 is expensive...).

Granty

ok. i have just noticed this
http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... twork.html
i wonder if the top 'banner' will change after the french race to the artwork of the british gp??
edit: i have found the britsh gp one http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... twork.html

salilp
salilp

hey cool.....u can get the artwork for all the gps for 2007 by playing with the url...

here s budapest
http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail ... twork.html

but imho these graphics dont look good on the official site..

Militia Est Vita

Damn those artworks are seriously ugly. Once again, after I saw the atwork from last season I was really looking forworth to see this years' but man they are ugly!! :x
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

Tp
Tp

salilp wrote:hey cool.....u can get the artwork for all the gps for 2007 by playing with the url...
Click 'Services' > 'Downloads' at the top of the page.

salilp
salilp

Tp wrote:
salilp wrote:hey cool.....u can get the artwork for all the gps for 2007 by playing with the url...
Click 'Services' > 'Downloads' at the top of the page.
hehe.... :oops:

jddh1

You can actually see these butt-ugly graphics on the GP locations themselves. The USGP graphic was right next to one of the gates at Indy. And I've seen pics of that on Montreal as well.