British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes
waynes

British Grand Prix

getting interesting, too close to call actually between Ferrari + Mclaren

due to work i wont be attending but will be cheering on Jenson, lewis + Anthony from the comfort of my luxury office chair :D

your thoughts ladies and gentlemen?

Steve Wilson
Steve Wilson

Yes should be a good race, McLaren and Lewis should be strong at their home grand prix but Ferrari have definitely made some improvements. I expect McLaren to come with a few updated parts though.

I'm hoping for a dry race weekend seeing as though I'm lucky enough to be there to watch the race from Luffield Terrace, this is my first grand prix so I can't wait!!

waynes
waynes

Steve Wilson wrote:I'm hoping for a dry race weekend seeing as though I'm lucky enough to be there to watch the race from Luffield Terrace, this is my first grand prix so I can't wait!!
plenty of pictures please sir

Steve Wilson
Steve Wilson

I will do my best! I think Friday is the best opportunity for pictures but I will be taking them throughout the weekend!

Steven
Owner

Steve Wilson wrote:Yes should be a good race, McLaren and Lewis should be strong at their home grand prix but Ferrari have definitely made some improvements. I expect McLaren to come with a few updated parts though.

I'm hoping for a dry race weekend seeing as though I'm lucky enough to be there to watch the race from Luffield Terrace, this is my first grand prix so I can't wait!!
Great, Have fun! And indeed make some pics and share them with us :P

Anyway about McLaren, they announced several updates at France but I have hardly noticed any. And for next week, I don't think they will have new parts at all. It's a bit like the Canadian-US GP combination.

PNSD
PNSD

Going by British weather current, it will probably rain.. Atm its on-off, but the weather is due to get worse on Friday apparently ;)

fraggle

haha.....

i've heard this weekend will be a mixed bag..

Silverstone racing club last night were reporting that it might just be a decent weekend.... but confirmed that the fields were already a little on the wet side and respectfully requested that drivers take it easy.. especially on the campsites...

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Well, come rain or shine Im there!! Im going up on Thursday & camping! 3yrs in a row now & were on the start finish line this year!! :)

Also got hold of a telescope of a lens for my DSLR so some nice pics will be forthcoming too.

Im betting Jenson on the podium if it rains & Super Aguri in the points :)

Otherwise a nice little battle between Kimi & Lewis, eitherway I cant wait!!

FS
MMIAFN

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Hey you lucky people going to Silverstone this weekend. Have a top time and take plenty of pics.

As for me, I will miss quali as I will be doing my own bit of motorsport. I have a trackday driving a Formula ford 1600, a Formula Vauxhall Lotus 2.0l and a Caterham Super7 at Mallory Park. Was a 30th Bday present from the family. Woohoo!
Hopefully the weather will hold out for me and for you lot at Silverstone.

As for the race, it will be a cracker. Ferrari back on form and Hamilton under obvious pressure to deliver. I wonder if he can pull off his GP2 move on Alonso and Raikkonen through Becketts!

I also have another Woohoo. My wife is expecting our first child. Due date is Christmas time. :D

Militia Est Vita

Well I hope it rains, we are half of the season and we haven't had rain so I would like to see some raindrops thsi weekend. It'll be nice to see how Lewis handles wet conditions :twisted:
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

whiplash

Lets hope for rain Should help Jensen to be up the front (and win it)well we can all dream

allan
allan

whiplash wrote:Lets hope for rain Should help Jensen to be up the front (and win it)well we can all dream
wanna bet? If he does win, i will shave my head..... are u up to it??:D

G-Rock
G-Rock

Lewis is a great driver but he is due for a mistake and I think it will happen at Silverstone. She's a tough track that doesn't always reward an attacking, confident driver. I don't know who will win but I don't it will be LH.
--------------------------------------------------------

Tp
Tp

lol why are people assuming that if it was to rain, the top drivers will immediately drop out as though they are completely useless in the wet, leaving Button (the apparently only competent one in the wet) to win?

PNSD
PNSD

No1 is assuming the top drivers will 'fall off'.

You assume wrong ;)

Its just Jensons driving style allows for great control in wet conditions, as hungary showed where he was quicker than everyone but Alonso, and he was just as quick.