British Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

siskue2005 wrote:was he doing long runs with that, or just did one lap?
I don't know. They were just showing him pitting and getting the mixed tyres. Then they cut to another camera just when he was leaving and they didn't show him again for a while. :?

Often the tv-direction is a bit weird during practices. Must be another guy who does the race.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

mahesh248
mahesh248

surprised to see toyota 3rd in practise ... any one know anything abt it ..?

Saribro
Saribro

mahesh248 wrote:surprised to see toyota 3rd in practise ... any one know anything abt it ..?
low fuel load? :)

wazojugs

wazojugs

wazojugs

I was totally entertained watching the worlds 3rd best driver finish 3rd in second free practice, the hairs really stood up on my arms as the lap was electricfying! :wink:

siskue2005

pRo wrote:
I don't know. They were just showing him pitting and getting the mixed tyres. Then they cut to another camera just when he was leaving and they didn't show him again for a while. :?

Often the tv-direction is a bit weird during practices. Must be another guy who does the race.
now i get it, i was watching it at FP2..... It was indeed Wet tyres, but they where practicing Pit stops, Coz with the new front rims...they use different rims for Wet tyres ( and also different guns ).thats why they where practicing with wet tyres 8) :D

waynes
waynes

thats illegal for a start!!! all 4 tyres have to be the same compound/dry or wet

waynes
waynes

just when i thought kimi had slapped in the pole lap, lewis came up with an absolute stonker of a lap!!

awesome lap

chasefreak
chasefreak

the most amazing part of qualifying is that alonso was fastest on hard tyres ... unlike the ferraris on soft ones ....hmmmmm
mclaren was surely sandbagging looks like

FLC
FLC

Not to underrate LH's job, but I was the only one who saw KR's mistake in the last sector? If it wasn't for that he would definitely be on pole. I hope he can make up for it tomorrow.

C/\D

Alonso was fastest all seassons this weekend. And he has the fastest lap of this weekend. So i think he has a better setup than hamilton. Also some people say he was on a tactic, in the practise seassons and was trying not to drop any benefical data to telemetry. Inorder to make hamilton avoid using his datas. And it was crucial for him to make a technicall war with alonso. Also being a 'lighter' man he should win the pole of course. If alonso takes raikonen over in the start cuz he will start from the clean part of the track. He can win silverstone gp.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

siskue2005

chasefreak wrote:the most amazing part of qualifying is that alonso was fastest on hard tyres ... unlike the ferraris on soft ones ....hmmmmm
mclaren was surely sandbagging looks like
Sorry to disappoint , He was on used or a soft tyre which picked up rubber, and the lines where cleaned off.... So infact it was Soft tyres :)

vyselegend

Yes it seems Fernando's prime choice is the hardest compound. It was strange indeed for him to use a set of medium in Q1, then top the Q2 with the hard...
Surprising also is the third best driver, who overpaced his team mate for once! However, I'm betting he'll be the shortest first stint of the top ten.
Heidfeld is probably heavy, and Renault confirmed their progress, but they're not yet at BMWs level.

We can say all we want about the chances of Lewis, the factors explaining his "easy" adaptation etc, but even with the best of machinery you've got to be a hell of a good driver to achieve such consistant performance.
He hasn't an Irvine or a Barichello to play the 2nd for him, neither he have a tyre manufacturer dedicaced to his own succes. I feel we have a true prodigy there! He's not only credible for title win in his rookie ear, he's THE most credible one!

Cyco
Cyco

A very Senna style move by Hamilton to start his last lap with only seconds left. That he got pole because Kimi made a mistake is why he is on pole - he didn't.

I was totally shocked to see the 3rd best driver on top of the time sheets with 5 minutes to go, but thankfully that was soon rectified and the emergency services didn't need to be called out to 10 million heart attack victims