I really hope

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Lurch

I really hope

that ferrari have a strong case if they're going to high court...

if they waltz in with some half assed effort at a lawsuit then i'm pretty sure they'll be turned on there heels and booted out the door. Not sure the legal system here is quite like the legal system in italy...but i also doubt that ferrari would be stupid and naive enough to go in front of the high court without something substantial...

would be good to see the outcome of that hearing though...as hopefully it might actually let us know more about what is actually going on rather than all the rumours and the actual evidence ferrari have against stepney/mccough!

Rob W

Re: I really hope

Essentially Ferrari will going to court with the intention of punishing Coughlan (and, vicariously, McLaren) and also to prevent Stepney and Coughlan being employed by another team as they seem to be intent on.

I'm surprised that McLaren haven't said anything about Coughlan's presence at the meeting with Nick Fry. Coughlan and Stepney could each come out with some info that would make the other look the more dodgy or as being the instigator of this whole thing. Or, worse, they could together really make Nick Fry/Honda look dodgy also. Honda have already started their public defense efforts in denying anything untoward happened at their meeting - but hit the nail hard on the head by confirming Coughlan and Stepney were there together looking to move as a team.

I'm guessing a Bernie intervention (for the good of F1 of course :P) will see much of what follows be kept out of the public eye.

Rob W