Y.A.M.A.M.O.T.O

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban

Y.A.M.A.M.O.T.O

Who will replace Albers now?

Was the sponsorship problem the reason or the occasion (excuse) to fire the dutch? :roll:
Last edited by modbaraban on 25 Jul 2007, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

waynes

Re: Kolles: It's been a difficult decision - oh really?!

Klien is tipped according to http://www.itv.com/f1

not a bad move for him, plus he can get to know a ferrari engine and pass info back to Honda

modbaraban

Honda wanted to hire Nige, but now they gonna send Klien007 to SPYker and finally find out what kind of powder do they sniff in Maranello to create such good engines :lol:

mx_tifoso

If there is a fear of Klien doing some reconnaissance work for Honda, why doesnt Ferrari send an experienced driver of their own to Spyker? Marc Gene would be pefectly suited for the job at hand. Then there is no fear of Klien007 getting some knowledge of anything that is Ferrari (056). Although I'm sure espionage from Klien isnt very likely.

Ferrari must surely be able to lend them Gene for the time being, it would be the best option for both teams. Plus, it would mean an extra check for Gene's bank account!

Poor Albers though, I wish him the best of luck.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

Let's hope it's not Karthikeyan :)

siskue2005

modbaraban wrote:Let's hope it's not Karthikeyan :)
Why not?? :?
IMO, he is better the Klien!

Spyker MF1

He got beat by Monteiro in 05 who got beat by Albers in 06. It would be a major step back for the team IMO
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

m3_lover

The only reason that Narain would be in would be his sponsorship package... But it looks like Klein since I read he visited the factory recently.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

modbaraban

siskue2005 wrote:
I understand you patriotic feeling about Narain, but he's not. Monteiro looked way more consistent than him. His name is considereb by Kolles because Spyker needs cash badly.
Btw, Klien was the best rookie of 2004 according to F1Racing.

kurtiejjj

Oh damn, sad to see albers go! He wasn't too bad, beside his driving he was quite a pleasant chap, with tremendous determination!

:cry:

F1 Observer

I think Karthikeyan is pathetic,just like Yoong was.They get more than their fair share of attention due to a couple of hefty sponsors and that's it.Not that they're particularly talented...Not F1 material at least!
I remember a couple of months ago reading that even Williams was thinking about ditching him, as they felt Nakajima was giving the team more precise and accurate feedback.

Anyway, I still think Albers is a talented driver. Just remember his breathtaking drives in the DTM...Perhaps sportscars is his thing.

But to be honest, any driver would get a bad reputation after driving for Minardi, Midland and Spyker!

:D

Like Johnny Herbert once said : "No disrespect, but I won't drive for Minardi"

kurtiejjj

F1 Observer wrote: Anyway, I still think Albers is a talented driver. Just remember his breathtaking drives in the DTM...Perhaps sportscars is his thing.

But to be honest, any driver would get a bad reputation after driving for Minardi, Midland and Spyker!

:D

Like Johnny Herbert once said : "No disrespect, but I won't drive for Minardi"
Quite right! However Johnny Herbert is quite wrong look where Alonso ended up! :lol: And not to forget the Lotus he drove all those years back wasn't exactly the fastest car 8) However I like Johnny!

Anyway hopefully Albers will be back next year, perhaps at toyota after they've ditched Schumi 2

F1 Observer

If finding Albers' replacement at Spyker was up to me, I'd go with Nélsinho Piquet, Renault's test driver...Winkelhock is likely to get the drive, for the next GP at least, being german and all...But I'd go for Piquet Jnr,once Vettel is nearly signed up by Toro Rosso for 2008...

Sorry for the off topic, but a dream line-up for 2008 or 2009 at Toro Rosso would be Sebastien Bourdais partnered by Bruno Senna 8)

Anyway, let's see if Spyker goes for the money or if takes into consideration the drivers' talent...Paying drivers are easy to find,but personally I think Spyker should opt for a young gun,instead of a guy with his pockets full of dollars and zero-to-none talent to drive a single-seater.

vs331

modbaraban wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
I understand you patriotic feeling about Narain, but he's not. Monteiro looked way more consistent than him. His name is considereb by Kolles because Spyker needs cash badly.
Btw, Klien was the best rookie of 2004 according to F1Racing.
More than half of F1 drivers are there not really coz of their exceptional driving talents :). JB, DC, Trulli,.. the list goes on. These are just average drivers, who sponsors also like and they make up the numbers. DC stayed that long at macca mainly coz he was sponsors' darling. IMO Karthikeyan is also one of these kind of drivers and if he can bring in the money then he deserves the drive.

modbaraban

vs331 wrote:More than half of F1 drivers are there not really coz of their exceptional driving talents :). JB, DC, Trulli,.. the list goes on. These are just average drivers, who sponsors also like and they make up the numbers. DC stayed that long at macca mainly coz he was sponsors' darling. IMO Karthikeyan is also one of these kind of drivers and if he can bring in the money then he deserves the drive.
This statement about JB, DC and Trulli is rather doubtful to say the least :roll: