Spa reconstruction

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Spa reconstruction

They have not just demolished those lovely old houses near the track but "Bus stop" chicane too :cry:
Spa is not just Eau Rouge! Spa is Spa! All of it! :evil:

Football field sized areas of tarmac instead of traditional green. Bahrain in Ardenes :roll:

At least they could have painted those tarmac runoff areas in grass green.

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select ... =2007&O=36

Ray

There are some good pics here too. Though you have to go through and change the photo number manually.

http://photos.racing-live.com/f1/photos ... po_101.jpg

modbaraban
modbaraban

Any onboard videos of the new layout?

pRo

Re: Spa reconstruction

manchild wrote:At least they could have painted those tarmac runoff areas in grass green.
Maybe they will do that for the GP? I believe most tracks do the final makeup during the week of the GP.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

modbaraban
modbaraban

The grandstand is still being constructed, so maybe :wink:

Scuderia_Russ

I was racing at Spa about a month ago and its looking very good. The New F1 garages are very smart, all electronic doors etc and very roomy. Unfortunately our guy went off massively at Blanchimont (sp?) while running fourth. (big mess). They were still constructing the grandstand opposite the pits while we were there.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

manchild
manchild

Just watched World Series Renault race from Spa. I thought it was Zolder for a lap or two (until commentary said it was Spa - I didn't recognized it). That much about what's left of good old Spa. :(

I bet garages are fine as SR said but the circuit is changed too much.

I hope they'll paint it green at least

Ciro Pabón

manchild wrote:Just watched World Series Renault race from Spa. I thought it was Zolder for a lap or two (until commentary said it was Spa - I didn't recognized it). That much about what's left of good old Spa. :(

I bet garages are fine as SR said but the circuit is changed too much.

I hope they'll paint it green at least
I saw the same race, just before the GP2 at Monaco. I'm in favour of change, but I see your point: yes, I dream of coloured asphalt... and matching tyres. :)

I firmly believe that the entrance to pits is dangerous: the lateral slope is too high. If a car gets airborne and somehow goes over the barrier... anyway, this design goes against professional practice.

Spa's pit entrance is hideous, dangerous and horrible. There is a fall of several meters to the left of this image. Notice the small berm to the left of the mechanics: it seems designed to "lift" a car on impact...

Besides dangerous, that pit entrance is a little stupid. I wonder who's the moron that did not provided a 5 meters wide pits entrance: if a car stops there, there is no way to overtake it. That's someting forbidden by regulations on connection links on ANY road, moreover on a racing course. That could be an embarrassment for the designers the day Ralph stalls his car on the entrance... or so I think. :)
Ciro