Sébastien Bourdais : ready for F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
modbaraban
modbaraban

F1 Observer wrote:...and ever since Panis there have been no frenchmen in F1.
What about this barber (last year)?

F1 Observer
F1 Observer

Ups! Forgot about Franck Montagny :roll:

F1 Observer
F1 Observer

modbaraban wrote:
F1 Observer wrote:...and ever since Panis there have been no frenchmen in F1.
What about this barber (last year)?

Nice hairdo BTW :lol:

vyselegend

I totally forgot to share that info earlier, but during Hungarian GP french TV announced Bourdais will drive for Torro Rosso next year as a sure thing.

Still, I couldn't find any official report from STR, and since french TV is obviously biased toward Seb Bourdais, the news should be taken with some reserve. :wink:

But it definitly smells like a "Sebastians team" next year. As I said in the Scott Speed's thread, both Speed and Liuzzi should knock to David Richards door ASAP :!:

G-Rock
G-Rock

I think Seb is too much of a sissy for F1. Have you seen any of his fits when things don't go his way lately? He's had it easy over the years and now that there are some real challengers out there (Doorbos, Will Power etc) he's having a tougher go of it.

He would do well in a top team with him being the No 1 driver but anything less, he would fall apart at the seams. F1 has a habit of breaking people like him. Remember the brilliant and fearless two time Champcar champion Alex Zanardi? It was quite a reality check for me when I saw him lose confidence in himself (driving for Williams) to the point where he just gave up. It made me realize what a gigantic leap Champcar is to F1.

Having Sen in F1 would be good for the sport I would have to admit though. It thrives on drama and a character like Bourdais would certainly deliver it.
--------------------------------------------------------

Militia Est Vita

It seems that is going to be official by Wednesday

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 4334.shtml

I think a Vettel-Bourdais lineup might be cool.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy --- we don't need. - Tyler Durden - Fight Club.

nae
nae

seconded

and with years RB3 chassis then who knows

waynes
waynes

James "Lewis" Allen on ITV F1 seemed pretty sure he was F1 bound by saying "bourdais is packing his bags for F1 as we speak"

scarbs
scarbs

I heard on Monday he's definitely signed. I dont see STR as a great team (neither car nor environment) for Bourdais to demonstrate his skill.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Bourdais is willing to get into F1 no matter what, even if its with STR. Two reasonably good drivers in a horrible team next season; can someone say..........underemployed?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban
modbaraban

scarbs wrote:I heard on Monday he's definitely signed. I dont see STR as a great team (neither car nor environment) for Bourdais to demonstrate his skill.
Looks like STR are picking up Williams' fame of being not-so-driver-friendly team now. :roll: