pikes peak hill climb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

flynfrog

[IMG:800:600]http://www.lazyforums.net/uploadfiles/p ... 0(29)_.jpg[/img]
[IMG:800:600]http://www.lazyforums.net/uploadfiles/p ... 40(30).jpg[/img]
[IMG:800:600]http://www.lazyforums.net/uploadfiles/p ... 40(31).jpg[/img]
[IMG:800:600]http://www.lazyforums.net/uploadfiles/p ... 40(32).jpg[/img]

kinda makes F1 drives look like babies most of the track doesn't have a guard rail and some of the drop offs are 6000 feet

they also have a semi class but my batteries went dead

i also have some videos if some one could host them

flynfrog

also more than once i almost got ran over trying to take these pics for you guys

they also broke the record sent in 1994 of 10:20

the new record is 10:01 or clsoe to that hoping to see it drop into the 9s next year

Tom

Well done Flynfrog, great pics their of some really interesting cars. I'll have to get out their sometime.
I use photobucket.com to upload vids aswell as pics.

My dad descided it would be a good idea to drive to the top of the highest mountain in Kefalonia while on holiday there and going up the 10km or so of twisty gravel road, huge drops either side and huge pine trees everywhere, what a great place this would be for a greek version. I took some on board videos but managed to delete all 170+ pics of the holiday from my memory card on the last day by pressing format by mistake (anyone know how/if I can get them back?)

Anyway, the Mount Ainos rally seems like a good idea and the time would probably be about 10mins aswell, but the Greeks are very liberal about safety so it would be a risky event.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

modbaraban

flynfrog wrote:kinda makes F1 drives look like babies most of the track doesn't have a guard rail and some of the drop offs are 6000 feet
Really hate remarks of this kind.

Scumball 3000 racers are THE best then, eh?

flynfrog

modbaraban wrote:
flynfrog wrote:kinda makes F1 drives look like babies most of the track doesn't have a guard rail and some of the drop offs are 6000 feet
Really hate remarks of this kind.

Scumball 3000 racers are THE best then, eh?
easy killer learn to read a joke :lol:

vyselegend

Nice pics.

I remember the Pikes Peak ascend was in Gran Turismo 2, it was quite funny with the Suzuki Escudo monster. Also I had a cheat code that allowed to get past the barriers by pressing L2 & R2, it made a strange bug to jump off from the top of the cliff, with the car keeping falling ever and ever...

Thanks for bringing back such nice souvenirs. :lol:

mini696

Why are some of the motorbikes racing with two people?

dumrick

They are sidecars, the sidecar is on the hidden side, but the "co-driver" is on the left side, because is a left-hand corner...

flynfrog

vyselegend wrote:Nice pics.

I remember the Pikes Peak ascend was in Gran Turismo 2, it was quite funny with the Suzuki Escudo monster. Also I had a cheat code that allowed to get past the barriers by pressing L2 & R2, it made a strange bug to jump off from the top of the cliff, with the car keeping falling ever and ever...

Thanks for bringing back such nice souvenirs. :lol:
the Escudo was there this year too i have pics of it but they are on film its an impressive piece of machine

mini
Dumrick nailed it they are side cars

flynfrog

Tom wrote:Well done Flynfrog, great pics their of some really interesting cars. I'll have to get out their sometime.
I use photobucket.com to upload vids aswell as pics.

My dad descided it would be a good idea to drive to the top of the highest mountain in Kefalonia while on holiday there and going up the 10km or so of twisty gravel road, huge drops either side and huge pine trees everywhere, what a great place this would be for a greek version. I took some on board videos but managed to delete all 170+ pics of the holiday from my memory card on the last day by pressing format by mistake (anyone know how/if I can get them back?)

Anyway, the Mount Ainos rally seems like a good idea and the time would probably be about 10mins aswell, but the Greeks are very liberal about safety so it would be a risky event.
there are programs that will recover your memory card I cant remeber the one i used when i did something simaller