transcript: alonso vs massa after Europe GP!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Who is right?

Felipe Massa
41%
Fernando Alonso
59%

Total votes: 49

onon

transcript: alonso vs massa after Europe GP!

Alonso: You did it intentionally, as in Barcelona.

Massa: No, I did not.

Alonso: You broke my sidepod there - go and have a look at it!

Massa: Go f**k yourself!. You won and you say something like this.

Alonso: Mate, it can't break itself.

Alonso: I have fought with Heidfeld, with everybody, what you did with three laps to go can't be done.

Massa: He wins and says that. You must learn.

Alonso: It is you who has to learn. I have fought with everybody and with three laps to go, we touch!

Massa: Bravo.

Alonso: Bravo you!

Massa: You say that I did it on purpose, like I did that on purpose in Barcelona?. You were remained behind.

(As this point Ron Dennis steps in)

Dennis: Boys calm down.

Massa: Tell him to!

source: http://www.planet-f1.com

jddh1

finally some excitement in F1. reminds of the times when drivers got pissed off and showed it. i like this

besides, it's racing. they both are right in a way

mini696

Not the correct translation, but at least its the fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOATRQU78Ko

And I dont think its RD who steps in... Not sure though.

West

I voted Alonso; I was following him before he became a champ. Massa rubs me the wrong way too

I love that quote... "look biatch I'm wearing your cap"
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

manchild

Topic title could be changed to "Massa pulls an Schuey". It was typical Ferrari-style "get rid of rival" move.

pRo

mini696 wrote:And I dont think its RD who steps in... Not sure though.
This video doesn't really show it, but it actually was Ron, you could clearly see it on the live footage after the race.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

onon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxtaFkr2 ... ed&search=

if you watch carefully its ron denis who steps in. l love such things, its makes the sport more interesting and passionate.

but in the first place massa approached alonso and congratulated him, but alonso could not resist the temptation and provoked massa, which led to fight.

Steven
Owner

I just cannot decide whether Massa did hit Alonso intentionally, but I am convinced that he didn't hold his temper afterwards.

Alonso started by just pointing out that his car was ruined (okay a bit exagerated) and to have him look at it (nothing wrong with that because the car was obviously damaged), but Massa immediately replies "f*ck off". That would make me angry too. I don't think Alonso is to blame in any way for this stupid discussion.

manchild

Alonso was much faster than him, mastering the conditions Massa couldn't bare and once he passed him Massa desperately does that. Learning to drive in wet would be smarter thing to do.

Principessa

A lot of things were going on behind the scenes of the European GP...Alonso vs Massa and Speed vs Tost.

I think Alonso did a great job holding it together. If Massa would have said such things to me and touched me like he did Alonso, I would have slapped him in the face. Alonso appologised, but Massa refused! That says it all!

DaveKillens

I was in the garages at the 1974 Molson Can Am event when George Follmer popped Jackie Oliver in the nose over a difference of opinion. So it's not new, and happens when drivers "disagree". Not that it's to be encouraged or condoned, but it does happen.
Racing is a very emotional affair, the best drivers try as hard as possible to rid themselves of emotion during a race and attempt to be rational calculating machines instead. But Massa had just lost the win, and it was important in many ways. Todt really wanted to be up on the podium to receive the Manufacturer's trophy from Michael Schumacher, as well as the ramifications of another win by McLaren.
The checkered flag flies, the cars come into the Parc Fermee, the engines shut down, and the emotions flood back in. It's when a driver is at their weakest moment for emotions.
Alonso shoots his yap off, and Massa isn't in the mood for that crap. Neither backs down and words are exchanged.
If I was a soccer referee, both would get yellow cards.

FLC
FLC

oh, come on... How much hypocrite can you be?!

Massa is a fair driver, and everyone knows it. What was he supposed to do? Move over for the spoiled whiner? This is the Alonso way, it doesn't matter if he wins or not, and who it is against, he would whine like a little boy. This is how it was with Hamilton in the USA and the same goes for Massa here.
It isn't for no reason that Alonso apologized that quickly. He knows Massa and he knows it was fair.

Sad as it might sound, Alonso started this whole thing by blaming Massa for trying to take him off on purpose, and when it is your honesty that's been put for question, you'd all prob. react the same.

Oh, and give us a break, if MS would come out of the pits like Alonso did, and which they said on ITV that Honda will complaint about to the FIA, and if MS would be given a crane lift to come back to the race, we can all imagine the kind of threads we'd see.

For once be fair.

dumrick

Come on, Massa doesn't even talk about the manouver. He says: "You win and you go like that" like, having won, Alonso had nothing to complain about.

We know that he had something to complain about :wink:

Also, look at the whole body language: Massa clearly loses it. He knows that he has no rational answer to Alonso's accusation. Also, I'm not saying he did it on purpose to put Alonso out: he just overdrove dangerously.

FLC
FLC

He doesn't talk about it because there's nothing to say about it.
If you think Massa was acting dangerously, as in more than it is supposed to be in true racing, I'm pretty sure we didn't watch the same race.

Massa was very disappointed and just lost a race he prob. could already see in the bag, hence his body language. Nevertheless before Alonso opened his mouth to cry foul he came up to him and shook his hand like a man.
Like I said, when someone is in a position like that and you accuse them of being unfair or dishonest they might snap. They're maybe fast, but human.

And again, Alonso knows he was out of line, I dont know what else you need, he admitted that he was wrong and under too much pressure. He admitted being a whiner.

dumrick

FLC wrote:If you think Massa was acting dangerously, as in more than it is supposed to be in true racing, I'm pretty sure we didn't watch the same race.
Apparently not. Guys that are behind their competitor and feel entitled to the racing line, even if that implies sending the guy in front out, are not truly racing. They are loosing it and overdriving. That was clear for me in the Europe GP in Massa's case, like in Heidfeld's (when he hits Schumacher out).