Looking forward to Hungary

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Rob W wrote:
Ray wrote:
West wrote:Maybe they should install random sprinklers around the track to make the race a little more interesting.
Now THAT'S a GREAT idea. I've thought that should be done everywhere.
Even better - tracks should have one sector with sprinklers going... so you have to make do in wet and dry conditions. :P

Rob W
Lets suppose it would be done, how would tire selection be affected? Dry tires are out of the question, so intermediates would be the best option?

Or maybe instead instead of one sector dry and the other wet, a randon amount of laps in wet conditions (minimum 10 laps, to make the tire change worth it).

Sounds like a good idea. It would definately add some variables to each race weekend. And we would have more "wet" races per season as well. And it would be amazing to watch next season, considering no their will be no TC anymore!
------
I'm not sure about the predictions for race results. Obviously Ferrari's on podium, preferably 1-2. And Hamilton further down in the points [-o< . It's time for Hamilton to return to reality.

I presume Ferrari have worked on their reliability over the break and during the testing in Mugello, so it shouldn't be a bad weekend for them.
DNF's are unbearable to watch.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

waynes
waynes

mx_tifosi wrote:It's time for Hamilton to return to reality
a man who speaks sense

Tom

Hamilton is far beyond the realms of reality, and frankly I'm --- jealous.

As for sprinklers, might be a good idea but I've seen better races in the dry than in the wet. What about Suzuka a couple of years ago, that was cold but dry, by far the best race I've ever seen.

Of course for me the perfect race would be following the route of the original cross-asia race from over a century ago.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Tom wrote:As for sprinklers...
...they should put some powerful ones fixed firmly to the randomly selected car :lol:

checkered

mx_tifosi wrote:It's time for Hamilton to return to reality.
Hamilton has defied expectations. Just one of the perks of the sport, when someone does something that isn't dwarfed by finiteness of the imaginations of others. If driving faster than the competition could've imagined doesn't make you a winner, then what does?

I certainly hope he gets to fight as he will right down to the line. If he does, I'm not even very concerned of the outcome of the season - just enjoying the show for what it is.

scarbs
scarbs

Honda have arrived with their new three element front wing, as seen in testing....

Belatti
Belatti

I was joking about sprinklers idea...

It is very sad that we are talking like this about F1... that proves that F1 needs something (or someone) that make the best drivers win and not just 4 drivers because they have the 2 best cars.

F1 is now a championship between engineers, not drivers. Thats good for engineers (and soon I´ll be one) but not for other people

Throw away TC and auto shifting and let us see who has the better senstivity over the pedals
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Sawtooth-spike

scarbs wrote:Honda have arrived with their new three element front wing, as seen in testing....
yup

Notice that they have it attached to the nose on the middle element, just like mclarren, maybe they have drawing of this years mclarren :)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

Belatti
Belatti

21. Adrian Sutil Germany Spyker-Ferrari 1:23.673
22. Sakon Yamamoto Japan Spyker-Ferrari 1:26.307

Albers must be revolving in his graveyard (sic)
Well done Sakon!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

checkered

Kovy 2nd in practice, is

Renault on its way up? I'm of course partial because I've invested in them in the fantasy leagues. Perhaps one can't read too much into these "results" ... Rosberg 4th? Not likely to be the case on race day unless Williams has done something special while no-one's been paying them much attention.

Raikkonen and Massa 6th and 7th ... taking it easy, or are the troubles of Monaco reappearing despite all the talk to the contrary? Also, there's next to nothing between Liuzzi and Vettel, and this was Sebastian's first outing in an STR. I bet Bourdais has his bags packed and ready for a little European excursion ...

What's the latest on weather?

manchild
manchild

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Belatti wrote:F1 is now a championship between engineers, not drivers. Thats good for engineers (and soon I´ll be one) but not for other people
Respectfully, I see this year's championship in a different light. The engineers have created two excellent cars, the Ferrari and McLaren. Both are very close, with the final outcome determined by setup, tire choice, tactics, mechanical reliability, and drive errors.
This is a season where in the top two teams, the drivers and team support have determined the outcome. The top four positions belong to Ferrari and McLaren, but each week the result can be different.
So bring on Hungary, and hopefully, let it rain. :D

pRo

checkered wrote:Kovy 2nd in practice, is

Renault on its way up?
Heikki said the time was done on super soft tyres with very little fuel. You can't really compare it against the other teams. He also said they won't have a chance against McLaren and Ferrari, but hope to be the 3rd best team.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

checkered

pRo wrote:Heikki said the time was done on super soft tyres with very little fuel. You can't really compare it against the other teams. He also said they won't have a chance against McLaren and Ferrari, but hope to be the 3rd best team.
OK, I'll be happy with 3rd best. This

is, after all, the first weekend when they really have some real life data of their new front wing. Renault's times seemed consistent enough and I believe the balance was good from the start. Hungary is one of the "funny" races and with a little drama, the team could have a decent shot at their first podium of the season - apart from Webber taking their engine to 3rd of course. I can't believe RBR's 10 pts from Nürnburgring have gone so unnoticed everywhere, btw.

Edit: Some images ...

Where's the 3rd plane? Are Honda trying out different wings?

McLaren continues "hornless".

A familiar face at the Ferrari stalls ...

Sawtooth-spike

honda must of test both wings yesterday, or the angle of that shot wont let you see the 3rd element

its worrying how much that wing looks like the mclarren frontwing.

i hope it sorts out there issue, would be good for them to be challenging for points.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!