DC calls it like it is

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Belatti

Rob W wrote:Ferrari do have a reason to support Kimi over Massa. He is much better PR for Ferrari. People know his name globally far far more than Massa's. Having a champion is one thing, but having a champion who tons of people go "who?" is not nearly as good.

Likewise, the McLaren vs Massa 'story' is not even news compared to a "Kimi vs Alonso" story or a "Kimi leaves McLaren and beats them" or "World Champ delivers McLaren the wins that Kimi couldn't" story.

It really is all about the PR value and Kimi beats Massa hands down in that respect no matter what.

Rob W
Also, I think that is unfair, as you could see in the late Turkish GP, Massa is a very good driver.
He suffered a period of adaptation in Ferrari last year, but then was closer (and even faster) to Shumacher than Barrichello was.
And now he matched Kimi speed and WDC points.

But, as always, european drivers got advantage in F1, call it PR or call it what you like... it´s an 90% european sport.

It would be nice if someone compare stadistical data from the Sauber-Raikkonen-Massa period too see how was then...
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna