F2004

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

F2004

Something i've been trying to find information on for some time is why was the F2004 such a dominant car. Right from the start of the season it had incredible pace, so was there a defining factor for it's speed, eg. it's aero efficiancy, did it have any revolutionary components, or did it just hit the nail on the head in the majority of the key areas?

Secondly, did it have any weaknesses? This year's car is beautiful on the sweeping high and medium speed turns, but suffers with mechanical grip at slow speed, and doesn't exactly pour over curbs like the McLaren. Did the F2004 experience similar problems?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Not many details on my part, but I'm sure this could help you out a bit. Hope it does. I believe it has 66 posts total, as of today.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?t=452&highlight=f2004
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

PNSD
PNSD

The F2004 looked so good because Mclaren and Williams simply 'got it wrong'

The points were left for BAR and Renault.

We saw at the towards the end of the season that Williams and Mclaren were able to fight Ferrari and win when they got the problems sorted ;) and when BAR could no further develop the 006, not knowing what made it quick :p

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Another thing to add would be that it was a really reliable package, with only one DNF for each driver. That usually helps when it comes to winning races and championships. And ever since Ferrari's reliability levels have gone down, so have their WC hopes.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Image No wonder kurbs can be such a threat, notice how little off the surface the floor is. Imagine what the current Monza curbs would do to that!