Fairness of F1 editorial

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

West wrote:I didn't see anything contraversial about the editorial... maybe the fact that it wasn't marked as an editorial or opinion beforehand.
Well we all agree on that which is why the titel has been change to "Column: The fairness of f1" and we will start adding "column" in the title every time we post such things. I hope this will clear up things a bit ;)

Principessa

Dear forum members,

I have to admit that I should have made it more clear that the article was a column. Tomba and I will work on this and we'll try to make it more clear in our new site lay-out that will appear in a few months time (we hope before the first launches in January).

I will not stop writing columns as I love to read them myself on other sites like Pitpass, The Times and BBC. I also love the column of David Coulthard at ITV. I love it when people can come up for their opinion, I understand that many people have different opinions, but I always think it's lovely to read another person his opinion. This is also why I love this forum so much! It's not because something is said in a column that you have to agree with it.

I would also like to add that I'm, as you might all know a Alonso and Renault fan, but I'm also a great fan of F1 in general! I love so many drivers: Coulthard, Webber, Rosberg, Heidfeld, Trulli, Raikkonen.... I have a huge amount of respect for all the F1 drivers as they are providing us with very interesting and exciting moments, exciting racing and that is why I'm passionate about F1. Therefore I really think it is a pity that some of the members here believe that I know nothing about F1 after I wrote my piece. I have been doing this for 3 years now, working on the news for the site, I have been watching F1 for many years....so I believe I'm entitled to say that I DO understand F1 and racing as I carry it in my heart!

Ciro Pabón

Thanks a lot, we wait for your column.
Ciro

Rob W

Hear hear. Nice work Principessa.

R

ss_collins
ss_collins

Hi guys,

theres two ways to look at this - I have a reputation for having strong (and sometimes wrong) opinions, if you make a strong statement you need to be able to accept a strong answer. Sometimes I get two engineers come up to me in the same day - one tells me I wrote a load of drivel, the other saying it was marvellous. I take both onboard.

But you should be able to express an opinion without being called names - or just being abused rather you should expect - particularly on a forum like this - a reasoned and well constructed argument.

What do I think - the whole concept of fair is a bit wide. But I feel that in F1 not all teams are treated the same.

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hi Principessa,

I was aware that you wrote the pieces for the homepage but a dedicated 'column' or 'news' would certianly make any problems like this disappear.

FWIW I can see your point & always appriciate peoples views on the wonderful world of F1 - It just seems the requirement for constant news this year has got us all on tender hooks!

Keep up the good work :)

FS
MMIAFN