Alonso tire pressure at china, FIA investigate!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BitFarmer

Alonso tire pressure at china, FIA investigate!

I write from spain, so may be I am not neutral, but I can't find anything about that afair in any media except spanish one, so i want to share it with you so you have the same info as we manage here, true or not!

In several spanish newspaper (originally from newspaper AS) tell about the FIA sillently investigating this afair after Fernando claims in the chinesse race.

The FIA commite recalled the pressure data directly from McLaren: The 10 sets of tires used in China classification on Fernando's car had 0.2 pounds -the optimal- EXCEPT the last set used, that was at a incredible 1.5 pounds pressure. Hammilton had they all at 0.2. These are official data! The heathers are pointed as a possible cause: Set them to more than 90 degree and they can cause overpressure!

They also talk about Japan, the rear tires were ALSO bad, and the heathers had been sent to Englad to investigate if they caused overheat on both races.

In both cases, Alonso said at the end of calification that tires were not fine, he could "feel" it clearly, and later it has been confirmed.

They don't publish it as a rumor, but as the initial finds of a official investigation carried out by the FIA, and state that the result will be know in Brazil.

Links:
AS.com
http://deporteaccion.com/tag/presion

Very BAD english automatic translation:
Babelfish translation

So it is not just "Spanish tiffosy" claims, they are official McLaren data, and the only thing that now had to be determined -if the previously cited info is actually correct- is if it was by mistake (BAD) or a sabotage (EVEN WORST).

And BTW, Hamilton is, in my oppinion, a GREAT driver, but the F1 and McLaren are taking their favouritism to him way to far, not only with that things misteriously happenig to Alonso, also with all the "helps" that Hamilton has had this season, that would had been illegal for any other driver (just remember his car been pushed into track after several other remained outside -as a joke, it was said here that Hamilton's father was driving the truck- and later the safety car letting him pass so he could recover his lost lap, or the Japan afair behind the safety car, to cite two) I find all this not only illegal, inmoral in a so called "sport").

Just to add a little more fire, Alonso knew about Hamilton problem in China because HE SAW IT ON THE BIG CIRCUIT MONITORS, no one said anything to him by radio! I can't understand it without thinking badly about McLaren team, sorry.

Seas

I don't believe this! I am not a McLaren fan, but too much is too much. Things like this happen in F1. Do you remember last year when all troubles in Renault hapend to Fisicela. You can call this a favouritism to Alonso? I don't think so.
But guy like Alonso I didn't see a long time. Always is somebody els fault. And to spit in Ron face so many times...! He is a McLaren employee, and good payed employee and have to drive a car like a Lewis do (and for a lott less money).
http://www.formula1-dictionary.net/index.html
Croatia, the small country for big relax

BitFarmer

Hi seas, it is really unbeliable, so I can't blame you for not believing, I don't even know if I belive on it, so let's just wait and see.

Talking about last year, something similar happened -in terms of suspicious decision from the FIA- in favour of Schumaquer and against Alonso. May be it was also just a case of bad luck for one, good for the other, but F1 is a business, and the will make -or try as far as it is not very noticeable- winner the guy they spec more "merchandaising" from, that simple.

In this frame, once you realize it is more a bussines than a sport, is when all those claims become a little more credible, at least for me.

BitFarmer

I found this translation, a little better than the automatic one:

Max Mosley reacted quickly to the complaints of Fernando Alonso after the qualification.

The president of the FIA is a staunch enemy of Ron Dennis and he is not going to him to pass nor one. In fact, to last hour of afternoon of Saturday it made him arrive his preoccupation through an emissary at the own bichampion. It does not want traps around the car number one nor that is harmed to him in its fight by the title. For that reason it has decided to open a discreet investigation that will maintain the tension on the headquarters of McLaren until Brazil.

The data in writing of the pressures of all the games of tires used by the Spanish have been successfully obtained during the GP of China. And the numbers contribute still more to the increase of the suspicions. Of the ten games that the Spanish used, only two had the altered pressures. They were those that put to him in third and decisive part of the qualification.

Instead of being to 0.2 pounds of pressure, they were to more than 1,5. Something that diminishes its adhesion drastically. This time the cause could be the overheat of compounds.

The heaters were to a greater temperature of habitual, the superior thing to 90 degrees, and this generated the alteration of the pressures. Of there the final collapse and the loss of time. In Fuji the pressures also were bad, but only in the back wheels and perhaps by badly swollen.
The heaters of the last race have sent them to England to analyze them, but, peculiarly, these things never happen to him in qualification to Lewis Hamilton. It is, with Hungary and Japan, the third suspicion of sabotage of the year.

BitFarmer

Another media talk about it, this time is a web dedicated to F1, the best one in Spanish...

http://www.thef1.com/noticias/noticias- ... ndo-alonso

BitFarmer

I also found a site where mantain a list of irregularities on 2007, the list has surprised even me, and I consider my self more or less good informed on this matters.

http://www.petitiononline.com/fealonso/petition.html

I can translate it all if you find problems with automatic translations.

For instance, and ONLY talking about possible team sabotage, it claims that:

Barhein: Alonso's car suffered "nighty damages" before Q3 (team declarations).
France: Alonso had problems with gears on Q3. De la Rosa said on TV that those faulty gears were perfectly isolated and retired time before Q3.
Hungria: In Q3 last laps the team installed used hard tires for Fernando -he yield on the radio to the mechanics, I heard this- but new soft tires to Hamilton.
Belgium: Fernando felt the car strange the day before Q3 and made it to be revised... they found a lost oil cap that would had broken the motor in the first lap.
Japan: Bad pressure on rear tires on final laps of Q3.
China: Bad pressure on all tires on final laps of Q3 (this one is NOT listed as it is not confirmed, I added it on my own).

Interesting to say the least, isn't it?

modbaraban

:lol:

Fan Solo

I used to really admire Alonso - but all this talk about the car being wrong are just excuses.

We all know how much he hates being beaten by his team mate - we all know how good Lewis is - He cannot win unless he drives faster! simple imo.

He has been consistently out performed by Lewis, but Im the double world champion says Alonso! how can this be? Its just that there is someone faster than you mate!

Now quit moaning & concentrate on your driving instead of generating conspiracy theorys! you might get somewhere.
MMIAFN

mx_tifoso

Five out of the nine posts (so far) have been by the original poster, in the same day!

That should tell if you if there is any bias towards anyone at all, besides, he is of the same nationality as the person in the spotlight.

I say, stop your b*tching and be a man. What comes up must come down, and unless FA steps up his game, that won't change.

All this b*tching by so many people is getting really annoying, petitions here, sabotage claims there. It would seem that a lot of people are only here because of a certain driver, not because of the entire sport that is FormulaOne, and yes, that does include the technical aspect of it.

Go here :arrow: http://artzthings.com/e-pins/images/large/retro30.jpg
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

BitFarmer

Hi mx_tifossi,

First of all, i AM biased toward Fernando, it is the first thing I said in my initial post, so I am not claiming anything I said/copied here is true, as you can find reading again.

Second, I had made all those post just to put here all the info I found in Spnish, I think this is the idea behind a foruym like this, to have info so you can know alittle more of what is going on.

Third, I have tried to be polite and fair. If you think all this is a bluff, ok, may be you are right, but there is no need to place this link and be that rude.

Fourth, and this time i am not going to be 100% polite, you are a coward using a link to a written flame instead of writting it here if it is what you want to say. May be you avoid being banned from the forum with those tricks, congrats in this case.

Sorry if this post unbalanced the thread again ;)

mx_tifoso

The least you can do is spell my nick correctly.

And I see no reason as to why I would be banned from here, there have been posts that have been far worse, believe me, mine don't come anywhere close. I am not a coward for using the link, in my opinion, the pic captures the moment a lot better :wink: . In addition, you weren't forced to click on the link, it was only a suggestion.

So ease off and try to keep all those spanish-biased posts down a bit, it is really overwhelming to be honest. And don't think that I direct that only to the spanish side, but the british side as well, with their Hamilton favouritism way out of control.

The truth about FA is that he wasn't as consistent compared to LH, he made too many costly errors and didn't score as many points each race. Maybe denial is where everyone is at currently, its time to face reality my friends, regardless of the sabotage rumors.

Aparte, no lo tome tan personal, disfrute una buena discusion de vez en cuando. Le pido perdon por ser grozero, espero que el ambiente por aqui se mejore, por el bien de todos.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti

Menos mal que lei una disculpa de mx_tifosi porque ya me estaba enojando un poco :evil: :arrow: :D

BitFarmer doesn´t seem biased, just a FA spanish fan being disapointed!

2007 Hamilton = 1988 Senna
2007 Alonso = 1988 Profesor moaner Prost
Conclusion: LH 2007 WDC

That doesn´t surprise me, in 2006 FA already was talking sh*t about his team when things didn´t go as he wanted to.
No no no Fer! thats not the way is goes! Follow Kimis example: shut up and drive fast!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

modbaraban

:arrow: Es el momento de cierre de este

Militia Est Vita

Ahora todos ya mágicamente hablan español? :lol:

modbaraban

Militia Est Vita wrote:Ahora todos ya mágicamente hablan español? :lol:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%2 ... tnG=Search