Ferrari to Supply A1GP and A2GP teams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
megz

Ferrari to Supply A1GP and A2GP teams

Ferrari signs A1GP supply deal
11 October 2007

Ferrari announced this morning that it has signed a deal to supply the A1 Grand Prix series with engines as of next season.

A statement from the team read, "Ferrari has reached a technological collaboration agreement with the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport. The agreement covers the supply of engines and consultancy relating to the designing of the chassis for the cars that will compete in this series to 2014. The agreement will also be extended to a second series, the A2GP, for which testing will begin starting in 2009."

A1 Grand Prix currently uses Zytek engines and the second round of the season is this weekend at Brno.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/ ... pply-deal/

Reckon this will help Ferrari in the future having the sort of push to pass technology on the A1GP engines

ps. Not sure to put this in other off topic or in engine forum redirect if necesary :)

Scuderia_Russ

Waste of money on Ferrari's part imo. Wouldn't make think I had to buy a Ferrari all of a sudden, and Zytec were doing a good job anyway.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

pnagy
pnagy

Is is the f1 team or the road car company that made the deal?

bizadfar
bizadfar

I think it's just added revenue for Ferrari and forcing their name into A1GP.

I heard about this rumor a while ago, but thought it was for chassis.

Belatti
Belatti

Scuderia_Russ wrote:Waste of money on Ferrari's part imo. Wouldn't make think I had to buy a Ferrari all of a sudden, and Zytec were doing a good job anyway.
I really doubt Ferrari will waste money with this, they will simply sell engines to the sheikh so they can run their oblongue soec series.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

kimi
kimi

does not seem to me that ferrari will waste money by supplying engines to A1 GP series.obviously this deal will increase their revenue also it will help the A1 GP series by the ferrari brand name.. :)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

kimi wrote:does not seem to me that ferrari will waste money by supplying engines to A1 GP series.obviously this deal will increase their revenue also it will help the A1 GP series by the ferrari brand name.. :)
Good summary of what has already been said and read in the articles about this subject :roll: . Along with a bit of subjectiveness in the beginning.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

kimi
kimi

thanx mate..

dumrick
dumrick

On the last GP's transmission in the portuguese TV, these news have been related with a possible takeover from Tony Teixeira, the president of A1 GP, of Red Bull's shares at STR, and the use of STR of Ferrari client chassis beginning next year.

Belatti
Belatti

Manchilds worst Nightmare came true!!!

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

bizadfar
bizadfar

LOL

imagine the team orders in that one.

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

bizadfar wrote:LOL

Doesnt matter lol - Ferrari always win!
MMIAFN

bizadfar
bizadfar

Fan Solo wrote:
bizadfar wrote:LOL

Doesnt matter lol - Ferrari always win!
Schumacher 3 or Schumacher 7?

lol!!

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

I have to say tho its kinda cool tho, the A1 GP series cars look horrid at the moment & I may not like the F1 team much but I have no doubt the 2009 A1 GP Ferrari (supposedly going to be based on the F1 2007 car) will look way cool! Its gonna be fatter at the back as I think the cars use a 3.4 V8 but still its gotta be better than now.
MMIAFN

effuno
effuno

does that mean an advantage for team italy.. :lol: