Brazilian GP - The Big One

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
waynes
waynes

Brazilian GP - The Big One

i'll be watching this race in Warsaw on the way to Modbarans home of Kyiv, to watch Manchester United

personals hopes

kimi wins

alonso takes hamilton out of the race and both retire

jenson finishes 3rd after both Ferraris

controversial i know but ho hum

roll on Kyiv on monday :)

enjoy the race ladies and gentlemen

Tom

I'm hoping to watch practice with live timing because I think I have a Data analysis practical on during the session so I'll have PC access, quali will have to be highlight at midnight in the social bar because the arses that run itv have decided that quali for the season finale is not worth showing on itv1, half wits.
We'll be watching the race in the SU bar on a big screen projector, followed by England getting wooped at rugby, should be a great weekend.

I think Lewis has best chance of getting the title with Alonso throwing his chance away under pressure and Kimi second in the race after Massa refuses to let him through.

I also suspect Ron Dennis will break Mosley's jaw in a post-race punch up when Mclaren get blamed for Alonso's crash and have their Drivers title stripped! I will be cheering him on.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

flynfrog

alonso and lewis take each other out on turn 1 kimi wins

the meek inherited the earth

Ron breaks Alonso's jaw around lap 4

:lol:

onon
onon

i'd like to see kimi win, alonso taking out lewis would be just fantastic, or ironically engine failure for both mclarens, 100% reliability is impossible. im almost sure that something in that mclaren will fail, hydraulics, engine, etc.

looking forward to this race. some call it race of the century. :)

m3_lover

Well Kimi and Hamilton have new engines, most publications are saying that alonso is down 10 hp because he is on the second cycle of the engine. I am surprised that nobody has mentioned how ferrari didn't use a Lolli pop man for there pits in China. They used a new system to do there stops with overhead lights. I suspect all the teams will be using it next year.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

waynes
waynes

what suprises me more is how no one off this most esteemed forum has picked up the british press tearing Lewis a new one

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type ... O_ID=41029

great article

anyway, sod lewis, i said kimi right at the start, and i truly hope it comes true, not for me but for Kimi.

by far and away most enigmatic guy on the grid, and by a universe the fastest man on this planet

i will be supporting Kimi in amongst Robert Kubica fans on sunday, but i truly hope the iceman smashes Mclaren

modbaraban
modbaraban

onon wrote:...im almost sure that something in that mclaren will fail, hydraulics, engine, etc.
Wheelgun :lol: :wink:
...a wheelnut comes off the Alonso's car and on his way to the gravel he takes Hamz out with him :)

Kimi pulls away, Kubica beats Massa for 2nd (would be his 1st podium this season). Vettel and Ant for points!

kimi
kimi

i seriously want kimi to win the rece and most of all win the WDC.it would be the most precious gift for him on his birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMI.
GUD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE. :)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

How cool is this? This final race has three drivers fighting it out. Truth is, Kimi will need a truckload of luck to win the race and capture the title. His strategy is simple. Do whatever it takes to win. The car and engine will be tricked out to survive just one race, there's no tomorrow.
If Hamilton continues what he has been doing all year, he looks comfortable capturing the title. But Alonso will definitely be the man to watch, about to prove why he is the two time champion.
And I notice the weather reports posess a chance of, yup, rain. Woo hooo :lol:

PNSD
PNSD

I can see Kimi doing a similar performance to what MS did.

Both needed to win, and MS's car was made to win, as will Kimis.

Saribro
Saribro

It's not going to be easy for Kimi. Even with the obvious goal of winning achieved, he needs at least this to happen:
1)Kimi
2)whoever
3)Alonso
4)whoever
5)whoever
6)Hamilton
If he wins the race, he'd have won 6 out of 17 races (35%), so he definitly deserves the WDC.

Militia Est Vita

If it does rain... It if DOES RAIN!! this will be indeed the race of the century. Let's pray for rain =D

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

PNSD wrote:I can see Kimi doing a similar performance to what MS did.

Both needed to win, and MS's car was made to win, as will Kimis.
For sure, as long as Kimi doesn't suffer any technical gremlins and a tyre puncture like MS did.

And I would have to disagree with hoping for a rainy race, as that would add one more variable that is definately not necessary right now. It should be a straight shootout in the dry between the four most likely GP winners and the three likely DC winners. Oh yeah, and no rain for qualifying either.

Honestly I would like Massa to win the race, but Kimi really needs the win to help his DC chances. Raikkonen for DC, otherwise Alonso, as I wouldn't stand Hamiltong grabbing it, I really wouldn't.

And Fisichella has to put on quite a show and deliver the goods this weekend so that he could retain his seat in the R28 for next season! I have been thinking about a Renault driver lineup including HK and NP, but who knows, I doubt Briatore will have two such young drivers at the same time.

I wonder if Massa will have a special Brazil themed overall once again, most likely yes.

Ferrari grabs the CC in Brazil as well, never mind, we already have it :roll: :) .
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

checkered

As a sidenote, have

you noticed that it has been pretty quiet on the (web)media front concerning the Brazilian GP lately? Poor journos, they're all hard at work pre-producing three different kinds of features for all different scenarios that can be predicted - within reason. Just leave in some blank spots for race events, fill in as they happen and the second it's all settled, slap the whole shebang online.

After the race, I'd like to see every version featured (out of a sympathy of sorts and the sheer quantized hilariousness of it all), but then that's propably just me.

Looked at the BBC weather report just now, seems there's rain for Friday, followed by dry conditions for the weekend. Should it turn out thus, the practice won't amount to much, providing the first opportunity for the teams to take a wrong direction with their setup. There will be tech previews and statements, but as far as McLaren and Ferrari go, these might be especially unreliable in the situation we're facing. On the other side of the spectrum there always are teams on the grid in the final race only because it's their contractual responsibility to be present. I'm sure that partly contributes to the peculiar Brazilian GP spirit.

This will be a tenser affair than usual, though. There are intriguing scenarios that can be played out. Reliable betting institutions (I don't gamble, btw) usually get their odds right with a remarkable accuracy. Currently some of them have, judging from their returns and figuring in the firms' cut, Lewis taking home the championship with a 2/3 propability. Me, I'll just sit back and let things unfold.

kimi
kimi

as kimi says i am just trying to be cautiously optimistic for this race. :lol: