Kimi Raikkonen - F1 2007 driver's champion!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
onon

Kimi Raikkonen - F1 2007 driver's champion!!!

Kimi Raikkonen at last becomes a world champion, here is his road to become one:

Australia: 1st - 10
Malaysia: 3d - 6
Bahrain: 3d - 6
Barcelona: out
Monaco: 8th - 1
Montreal: 5th - 4
Indianopolis: 4th - 5
Magny Cours: 1st - 10
Silverstone: 1st - 10
Nurburugring: out
Hungaroring: 2nd - 8
Istanbul: 2nd - 8
Monza: 3d - 6
Spa: 1st - 10
Fuji: 3d - 6
Shanghai: 1st - 10
Interlagos: 1st - 10

Total 110 points. At the beginning of the season i posted a thread here at F1technical saying the Kimi will become 2007 world champion. throughout the season i followed his ups and downs, and in the end im happy as he is. he really deserves this title. total career wins 15. Congratulations Kimi.
Last edited by onon on 21 Oct 2007, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

Torso

This is a real team victory.

Without the extra technical problems Massa experienced over the 3 other title candidates I think he would have won the title based on the fact that he has more often been the quicker driver.

Yet I am still very happy Kimi won, he deserves it for being so close a couple times before and Ferrari deserves both titles cause this way they truly beat the cheaters fair and square:-)

I don`t think Hamilton will ever be WDC, this year he had so much luck I can hardly see it happen again;-)

Next year the quicker driver will hopefully win... and it means it will be either Massa, Kimi or Alonso(if he is still with McLaren)

tata

bizadfar

Glad Kimi won it finally.

Torso, nope. Quicker never wins, u don't learn? Not finishing, makes you lose. AS well as qualifying/saturday gremlins!

ben_watkins

At least it wasn't that hateful driver Alonso :twisted:

ben_watkins

Torso wrote:
Next year the quicker driver will hopefully win... [snip] Alonso(if he is still with McLaren)

tata

Um, don't think so - Hamilton was faster than Alonso over MOST of the year.. 8)

onon

As well as the drivers’ crown, Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen will leave Sao Paulo with another prize tucked into his suitcase - the DHL Fastest Lap Award. It is the first season that the logistics provider has honoured this achievement.

After clocking a best time of 1m 12.445s at Interlagos during Sunday’s Brazilian Grand Prix, Raikkonen took the fastest lap of the race to equal his team mate Felipe Massa’s season tally of six.

With the two Ferrari drivers also tied for second-fastest laps, on two apiece, the decision came down to third- fastest laps, with Raikkonen edging Massa three to two.

source: http://www.formula1.com

incredible stuff from Kimi. Congrats.

BitFarmer

ben_watkins wrote:At least it wasn't that hateful driver Alonso :twisted:
Hey, here in Spain we also say "At least it wasn't this Hamilton nor McLaren".

Kimi, congrats, you have taken McLaren what it didn't deserve, thanxs a lot!

tomislavp4

I´m more a McLaren fan than a Ferrari one but this time I´m really happy that Kimi won the title.....

=D> =D> =D> Congratulations Kimi =D> =D> =D>

Scuderia_Russ

=D> King Raikkonen, I applaud thee. Pro job, and a class act all year. Can't believe it is over already!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Ciro Pabón

Sincere congratulations, Scuderia_Russ and all Kimi and Ferrari fans. What a way to win!
Ciro

f1.redbaron

Congratulations, Kimi!!

bibi

According to this article Williams and BMW are under investigation:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63547

checkered

It's very nice that

he won one to his name, it's good to see that people with very different personalities and talent combinations can be WDCs. A celebration of the strengths and advantages of human diversity, if you will. Congratulations Kimi, this adds to the list of rather incredible stories this year's championship has provided us with. Sometimes just holding on to the slightest of chances pays off, but a championship is also much more than the race where it's decided.

With six wins etc. from 17 races, a well deserved victory even if it's by a margin of a single point. It's also good to remember that all drivers and teams are involved in the "making of" the championship and can only make it more, not less, significant by their contribution. Every story has a title, but in the story lies the substance. There have been highs and lows (to say the least) in how the 2007 one was shaped. I firmly believe everyone involved can take the positives and learn from the negatives. The post season promises to be eventful and exciting, too.

For a year, Kimi will be the point man for the sport, business and art of what Formula One is. He practically embodies a "no nonsense" approach. After a year and a season like this one, perhaps that's just what the doctor ordered. Bring on 2008.

jddh1

I hope Kimi does not lose because of BMW and Williams.

Ray

THAT would be total and complete bullshit. I'll hate the FIA forever and maybe quit watching F1 if he does.