Pot calling the kettle black???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RacingManiac

fans were considered as movable aerodynamic device, which I think was a rule since like late 68 or 69 season. Brabham ran it as a cooling fan for their aircooled engine with secondary purpose of sucking the car down(or was it the other way around...lol), its about as close a deal as Ferrari's floor....

The problem is compliance test is inadequete to test this under the specified intent, which is why Ferrari had this system, which they might have ran for several seasons now(I seem to recall people seeing Ferrari's moving bargeboard in 2003 or 2004), no one was able to prove it until the whole Spygate thing, but clearly they weren't alone in this as the BMW had the similar device as well. Unlike the fuel tank lead thing(or the BAR hidden tank saga), there were no black and white boundary, as you cannot accurate say the deflection of the floor, wing or anything on the car is considered as rigid when you do static testing, because loading condition is completely different, having the spring system if Ferrari's way of circumventing a poorly written rule, I am sure its not impossible for carbon fibre to be made aeroelastic at the specified direction while still pass the static test, or else we wouldn't have seen McLaren's dipping bridge wing(mainplane flex), Renault's bending backward rearwing mount, or other thing that people liked to point out as moving, because if you can see it move that much on TV it's probably over the static specified limit.....

timbo

BTW
McLarens also changed the detail that holds their front floor to pass the named test, so...
Of cource they said that they didn't change the concept, etc...