Picture download manager

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astsmtl

Ciro Pabón wrote: 3. Now, I discover that the "DOWNLOAD MANAGER NOT DETECTED??" message is turned on. Funny. I check the documentation at http://flashgot.net/faq#qa1_1. Damn. The answer is like three pages long.

After 10 minutes reading and fumbling, it's dawning upon me that things have changed since FF ver 1, now you have to have a separated Download Manager program. Funny, as FF ver 2 has one, integrated. So...

4. I try to find a Download Manager in the "Download Managers" category for FF AddOns.

Strangely, in the first page of results, there is not one. Shut. Second page. Not one either. Third page. Finally, I found the old "Download StatusBar" that I had with FF 1.

I check the options in "FlashGot" contextual menu: double shut. Download StatusBar is not included. It seems the damn thing needs an external manager program.

Sorry, I can't stand it anymore. Fifteen minutes and I'm far from finishing. So...

5. Buy or find a download manager. This manager has to be included in the list you'll see when you right click on a photo and chose "FlashGot Options" and then "More options", like this:
The main task of FlashGot is to transfer download to another program, because some sites do some tricks to hide download url from you and your software (rapidshare for ex.) Integrated downloader in Firefox is dead simple and already has the privilege to see what is hidden from other programs, so it's really not an option here.

Ciro Pabón

Thankx. Could you explain to us what downloader is free and can be used with FlashGot? If I understand you correctly, you do not have to go around the workaround in Excel I described.
Ciro

astsmtl

Ciro Pabón wrote:Thankx. Could you explain to us what downloader is free and can be used with FlashGot? If I understand you correctly, you do not have to go around the workaround in Excel I described.
I was not sure if i can recommend something to Windows user, but yesterday found one project: http://dfast.sourceforge.net/