Testing begins next week!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
meves
meves

Testing begins next week!

So, any ideas who is testing next week in Barcelona?

And it's time to start placing bets on which team has built a Ferrari F2007 beater and who has built a Life F190 replica (oh yes, it's worth looking back to see that design masterpiece) for next season!

modbaraban
modbaraban

I don't expect any relevant results (in terms of lap times) until next year.

wxavier007

Seconded, I bet that only test drivers and some race drivers will show up. While the "regulars" will be at home "Zzzzzzzz...."-ing. :lol:

meves
meves

Without a doubt but that never stops the speculation! :D

axle
axle

What's the deal with testing mileage?? Is this considered testing mileage for next year or this?? When does the limited mileage testing counter reset? I assume it has reset...

If so, this year, before the cars come out can only be systems testing, which doesn't require the lead drivers...This surely will be ECU mapping and drivetrain testing in readiness for the changes....and maybe the odd experiment ;)
- Axle

wxavier007

The only "weird" experiment I know so far is "say no to TC". 8)

HKS

When would FA would set free from the Mclaren jail???? :P

Man he deserves a break from them :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Is there any chance of rain? If so, it could be a chance to see how they cope without TC.
I checked out the Life team and their Life L190 with the W12 engine. Shame but funny.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Maybe the drivers should get acquainted with driving without TC in normal dry conditions before exploring wet conditions, as many of them are heading into unknown territory with a F1 car.
I'd like to see Yuji Ide set the record for most spins in a rainy lap without TC.

I may be wrong, but don't driver contracts usually run untill the last day of the year? And as Mclaren did with Kimi last year, they won't let Fernando run with his new team this year either.

And hopefully we can see MS and LH running side by side in their respective red and silver cars during one of these tests. Old guard vs New Guard.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti
Belatti

monkeyboy1976 wrote:I checked out the Life team and their Life L190 with the W12 engine. Shame but funny.
I had that piece of crap for a while in my avatar, with the ironic phrase "Life is the worst".

But lets give Life team the credit they deserve: They had a car a couple seconds slower than a F3 car and don´t mind how, they where in a F1 prequaly.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

astsmtl

mx_tifosi wrote: I may be wrong, but don't driver contracts usually run untill the last day of the year? And as Mclaren did with Kimi last year, they won't let Fernando run with his new team this year either.

And hopefully we can see MS and LH running side by side in their respective red and silver cars during one of these tests. Old guard vs New Guard.
I think there is no contract between McLaren and FA anymore, so he is free to drive other cars.

mahesh248
mahesh248

Guess this test is to check the new guys around the track , of course no TC , would be interesting . Are their other techniques to provide good traction ?, excluding softening the rear suspension , like something to do with driver shaft and differential , i guess differential is still electronically controlled, i guess they could make it work like a intelligent diffuser which would stop sending energy to our wheel whist exiting the corner , this would give better traction , the idea is totally imaginary, i am sure the F1 engineering would have thought about it better than me. :D

HKS

Testing without Tc

Would be fun

Kimi would surely spin out
And in race might spin out 5-6 times and who knows he might even win the race. :)
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Poor Kovalainen, he has to test and develop for Renault without even knowing for sure that he will be driving for them next season. Why doesn't Alonso make up his mind and stop or at least slow this silly season down! :x

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63870

It would be hilarious if Alonso isn't even planning on driving in F1 any more but just wants to have fun messing with everyone for the heck of it. :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.