Todt leaves Ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vis

Todt leaves Ferrari

Jean Todt leaves Ferrari on-track operations. Domenicali follows.
This could pave the way for Alonso in red-suit

Official statement (italian):

Maranello, 12 novembre 2007 - La Ferrari comunica che, a partire dal prossimo 1° gennaio, Stefano Domenicali assumerà il ruolo di Direttore della Gestione Sportiva, incarico attualmente affidato ad interim a Jean Todt.

La struttura sarà la seguente:

- Direzione Operazioni, di cui sarà responsabile Mario Almondo

- Direzione Tecnica, affidata ad Aldo Costa

- Direzione Motori, con a capo Gilles Simon

Entro la fine del 2007 saranno resi noti i dettagli organizzativi.

axle
axle

Wrong forum :)
- Axle

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Vis, the forum title is very misleading. And since so much is changing at Ferrari, and with Brawn joining Honda, it is very very scary to even think at the moment that Todt is leaving Ferrari!! :D

It's interesting how Ferrari change their structure so frequently nowadays, I hope its for the best.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

dumrick
dumrick

So, after these years of infighting, no it's official: Montezemolo wins.
I wonder if it was decisive his boy (Raikkonen) winning the WDC in the first year with them and beating Todt's boy (Massa).

Now, I'm very interested in knowing where is Todt going now, if anywhere.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

dumrick wrote:Now, I'm very interested in knowing where is Todt going now, if anywhere.
He isn't going anywhere away from Ferrari, for now. Todt is simply leaving the position of Director of the Gestione Sportiva and Stefano Domenicali is replacing him. But remember, Todt still remains the CEO within Ferrari.

And as with many other recent news, all of this was to be expected sooner or later. Life changes whether you like or not, thats the way it is, now its up to Ferrari to be able to adapt to all of these internal structure changes and still remain competitive against the other top teams.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

Isn't it mid 2009 that Todt is expected to replace Mad Max as head of the FIA?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Carlos
Carlos

It was expected. The press discussed it months ago. Good timing, just before testing begins.

TheChad
TheChad

Wasn't he only filling that role temporiroly? As brawn was having a break, now brawn has done a deal with honda they have appointed someone to fill the position permanantly

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

This announcement is a sign that Todt is being distanced from the actual "at track" experience and more administrative. This runs contrary to my personal opinion od Todt. The man obviously enjoys what happens at races, especially if a victory is forthcoming.
On paper, he being given relief from some of his racing obligations and a chance to assume more administrative chores befitting his more important role within Ferrari. In reality, Todt is being distanced from one thing he loves, because love him or hate him, he's got racing in his blood and loves motorsport.
Personally, I see this as one more step moving Todt towars his assuming Max's role when he leaves.

HKS

As Todt losthis post.
Would Massa be retained by the scarlet team or would he be replaced by someone else?? :twisted:
Racing cars are neither beautiful nor ugly, they are beautiful only when you win races.