Odds on a Button/Davidson team in 2009?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Conceptual

Odds on a Button/Davidson team in 2009?

With Ant doing some recent testing, is it feasible that he is being prepped for Reubens seat? I don't know, what do you guys think?

Chris

jumaal

Re: Odds on a Button/Davidson team in 2009?

Why to get so excited just because Ant had a test session. Lets wait and watch. Honda's problems are not really to do with thier driver line-up but it is its car.
Thanks,

Jumaal

nae
nae

sorry to say but ant will be lucky to keep a test seat
with any team,he doesn't bring enough any more

time for him to go race in another series
..?

roost89

Do you think he could end up in A1GP?
Who will take the 2nd seat next year if not him? It'd be good to see him driving again.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

majicmeow

who says there is even GOING to be a second seat? I agree though, Davidson isn't THAT great of a driver... surely not good enough to replace Rubens as far as experience goes, IMHO

Alexpcenteno

Here in Brazil an interview with Ross Brown was published about Rubens. He said that Rubens is driven better than ever and that he is a good driver, in terms of expirience and car knowledge to help with the Honda much needed evolution and that he and Rubens work pretty well.

I personally don't like Rubens but I do agree with Brown. Rubens has plenty of experience and knowledge.
"Racing, competing, it's in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I have been doing it all my life and it stands out above everything else." - Ayrton Senna

donskar

Anthony Davidson is a decent F1 driver, but has neither charisma nor a lot of financial backing (or so I've read). And he is neither exceptionally young nor brilliantly fast.

He seems to be just one of many good young drivers who just don't have the right combination to get and/or keep a seat. And I think he may have gotten a bit more press than he deserves. The UK-based F1 press always seems (IMHO) to trumpet "their own" a bit excessively.

Come on over to IndyCars, Ant!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Conceptual

I think Ant is better than Taku is, and the fact that it was Davidson and not Taku testing leads me to believe that there may be more involvement than is apparent now.

Reubens, even if he does another 2 years at Honda will still be at the end of his career. Is there another driver in the ranks for Honda that can step up?

Chris

donskar

Conceptual wrote:
Is there another driver in the ranks for Honda that can step up?
Given that 2-year window you mentioned, a dark horse might be brought along:
Danica Patrick? Marco Andretti?

Well, I can dream, can't I? :wink:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

axle

Ant was testing because Wurz was at LeMans.

I think further speculation isn't feesible at this time. I think Honda will look to put Ant somewhere but it will depend on what Reubens chooses to do.
- Axle

Conceptual

axle wrote:Ant was testing because Wurz was at LeMans.

I think further speculation isn't feesible at this time. I think Honda will look to put Ant somewhere but it will depend on what Reubens chooses to do.
That, honestly, was my point.

Reubens is leaving sooner than later due to his age, and Wurz has made it pretty clear that he does NOT enjoy racing, he would rather be testing. (I find myself in that same mindset driving rFactor. I would rather set up the car for my friend to drive than actually race it myself.)

But RB is on his way out, Wurz doesnt want the ride, and that opens the door for someone else. Ant, in my opinion, couldnt do much worse given what he was able to do in the SA cars.

Speculation obviously, but what else is there?

Chris

ConsFW

Conceptual wrote:I think Ant is better than Taku is, and the fact that it was Davidson and not Taku testing leads me to believe that there may be more involvement than is apparent now.
Chris
Just curious as to why you think that. Taku has beaten Ant this season, last season, and when they were teammates in British F3. The thing that amazes me about Taku is that he started driving at the age of 19, way later than any F1 driver today. I think he is underrated.